Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Family Update


Well Carter is finally making the transition from crib to toddler bed and is doing pretty well with it so far. We were going to get him a twin-sized bed that can be stacked into bunk beds for later use, but I found this toddler bed, completely by accident, at a garage sale on Saturday for $10- mattress and all. So we are deferring the expense of bunk beds until later and using this. Spence assembled it for him on Saturday and he was SO excited. He just laid down in it and then sat up and looked at me and said, "Bankie, pease". So I went and got his blankie and pillow and he just laid there for like 10 minutes. It was pretty cute. So today is the first day he's actually slept in it, though. Actually, right now, he is napping and I hope he'll nap as long as he normally does. We'll see how it goes.

Carter's favorite game right now is hide and seek and he loves to hide from mommy. The other day Spence and I were playing with him and I hid him in our basket of dirty (I know, I know...) laundry. Had I not hinted to where he was, Spence might not have found him. It was a sweet spot, and now that's where Carter likes to hide.

And finally, here's a picture of "the belly" at 7 1/2 months. Everything's going really well and I am so lucky to still feel great- no aches and pains- nothing really to complain about. The only thing I have noticed lately is just that I'm a bit more tired during the day. I take care of that with a daily nap during nap time. So that's about it.



Gerrold has hired a new guy to work at Spencer's Allstate office, which has been nice and given Spencer more freedom to leave the office if he needs to or come home and get lunch occationally. It will still be a bit before he is completely caught up with everything going on there, but Spence says he's doing good so far.

That's pretty much all that's going on with us. I know its not for another month at least, but I'm excited for summer to wind down and to get on with some cooler weather. It's been blazing hot here every day and even though I really have enjoyed it, for the most part, it's getting a bit old. I'm ready for fall and Halloween and...(gulp) a new baby (but mostly, not to be so hot all the time).


0 comments: