All summer I've been envious reading everyone else's blogs saying "Oh we've been SO BUSY going (fill in a great blank) and vacationing (insert fun vacation) and I've hardly had time to blog" and I'm going, "YEAH, ME TOO. I've been SO busy...uhhhh picking (weed or garden vegetable) and uhhhhhhhhhhh....canning (choice summer fruit). It's been suck a BLAST I've hardly had time for ANYTHING!" pttthh.
But I finally got to get out and go on our yearly family reunion trip up to Malad, Idaho and make our usual rounds staying with my brother and sister-in-law, visiting temple square, seeing old friends...we had a great time. Other plusses of the trip include being able to see my brother Ryan and his family, a newly engaged brother-in-law, and most importantly, seeing a moose when we went for a short hike at Brighton in Utah. Here are a few pics from the trip:
Carter "fishing" in the creek by the park where we have the reunion. He caught a lunker.
This was really a very rare treat. Nolan never falls asleep on me anymore but I guess we wore him out by staying up until 11:30 the night before. Poor baby.
After the reunion we went to Spencer's cousin's house and rode their ponies. Carter did really well but did not want a second turn.
This is two of my bros and their families with us at Brighton. It was SO gorgeous. Even my husband who isn't a very good photographer (c'mon, you know it, honey) managed to take this picture:
And that is our moose. We got about 15 feet away from him and it was pretty sweet. I think he winked at me. So if you've been wondering why in the heck I haven't posted anything lately, this is why.
p.s. if you want to make a seriously fantastic soup make THIS. (Mom, this is the soup I told you about) I know summer doesn't really make you say "Hmm. Let's have hot soup for dinner" but you can actually make it (without the cream cheese) and freeze it for winter. Anyway, don't know if anyone else has 8 butternut squash sitting on their counter but I do so this is what they will be turned into. I guarantee you'll like it.
9 comments:
What a fun trip. Thanks for mentioning us as one of the highlights of your trip. We loved seeing ou guys too. Great group picture of all of us at Brighton. I'm going to forward that soup recipe on to my parents. They too have a garden and therefore have a plethora of squash.
Yum. I don't have my garden anymore, :( but I love butternut squash, so I will be bookmarking this one!
Hi Sis: I need a copy of that pic of all of you please. That is three of my four little families. You all look great! Fun entry in your blog, and I am happy you had a great trip.
Love, MOM
too bad you were missing the funniest family out of those three families.
wish we were there!!
Sweet pictures! That moose is so COOL! Your garden is amazing!
What happened to the entry you had in here yesterday???????
MOM
I love the picture of you and Nolan. That is SO sweet. Your trip looks amazing!
Hayley - your kids are so big...it looks like you had a fun time. I love seeing moose out in the wild. We are in Alaska for the summer and we see moose all the time. Were are you guys living these days?
That looks like a fun trip! The picture of Nolan asleep on you is so cute. And how crazy to see a moose!
Post a Comment