Actually, not.
BUT we finally have a winner. After all the excitement and build-up and the emotional rollercoaster...The winner is.........
PEGGY OLSEN!! WAHOO!!!
Peggy was the only one to get #2 like 99% correct. What I was LOOKING for was yellow squash. She put summer squash (crookneck). I decided I would give it to her which put her over the top. Way to go, Peggy. Your years of gardening and hard work have finally paid off. The $5 gift card goes to you (email me your address and I'll get it to ya)
To the rest of you- here are the real answers (p.s. I was really impressed with everyone's answers. It makes me feel so much less nerdy!)
BEANS
YELLOW SQUASH
STRAWBERRIES
PEAS
TOMATOES
CHIVES *BONUS- CILANTRO
GREEN ONIONS
GRAPES
POMEGRANITE- Yay, Kellee is the only one who got this!
MULBERRY TREE- Muahahahaha!! My trick question. No one got this one.
BUTTERNUT
PEACHES
Thanks everyone who participated. For everyone who didn't- you are lame. (or you don't check my blog often enough. :)
Happy Gardening!
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
4 comments:
Oh MAN! I totally wanted to put yellow squash but Paul thought cucumber! Bleh. Oh well, it's not like I was even CLOSE besides that! This was fun though.
I was really hoping that I, Peggy Olson, would win, but if not me, I am glad that Peggy Olsen won, cuz her name sounds just like mine. Well, now that I have made you feel bad for spelling my name wrong, may I just let out a loud celebratory sound (Whoo Hoo!) and say how glad I am that I am the nerdiest gardener around (not to mention, the oldest!)Age has it's advantages.
Thanks! That was fun!
Oh It's On Peggy - there will be another contest!
The Other Grandma
Post a Comment