Friday, July 9, 2010

Uh oh. It's a garden post. I'm just telling you right off the bat so you're not disappointed when you get to the end and you're like, "Jeez, that was all about her stupid garden. LAAAAMMMEE."
We love our garden. It seems like it's been more work this year. Maybe because we got more rain which equals more weeds. Or maybe I'm just more busy. Either way, it's been WORK. PLUS, the bugs have been awful and ate like the first 3 rounds of seeds I planted as soon as they popped up. ARG! I became like a madwoman. Picture me, with a headlamp and a can of Raid at 10:30 at night creeping around my garden hosing down the 1 million earwigs that were dwelling under ANYTHING that stood still. It was disgusting.
But we have been waiting oh-so-patiently for our fruit on our trees to ripen so we could gobble down as many plums and nectarines as possible. They are so incredibly good and we have been eating so many, I'm sure my kids'll come down with a bad case of the rhea's sometime soon. But it will be SOO worth it.
The rest of the plums will be good in the next few days. I see in my very near future a plum and blueberry upside-down cake and some plum bread. MMMMMmmmmm....I'll take some pics if we don't eat it all before I can snap a few.

_MG_1096

_MG_1111

_MG_1108

_MG_1113

Also happening in my near future, hubby and I will be HERE tomorrow:
_MG_5267

At the top.
The TIPPY TOP.
Like the highest point.
YIKES.
Wish me luck!
p.s...anyone know what I can do with like 300 plums?

3 comments:

sheriee staub said...

Your fruit looks amazing. So sorry you got sick and couldn't hike to the top - maybe soon.
Love, MOM

Ana said...

My sister in Utah makes plum jelly every year and it is YUMMY! You should try that. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Hayley!!! The plums and nectarines are soooooooooooo yummy!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!! What a sweetie :D