Sunday, December 9, 2007

Here Come Santa Claus


At our ward party this weekend Carter got to sit on Santa's lap. I was totally thrilled because he wasn't going to but then I put Nolan with Santa for a picture and so Carter wanted to as well. So he got up on Santa's lap and looked at him and said, "hi". Then Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said he wanted a baseball (we had rehearsed this in the car. It was supposed to be a baseball GLOVE, which he may magically get for Christmas this year) Anyway, today on the way to church he asked me if Santa was going to be there. I told him he had to go home. He told me that Santa was nice and not scary.
I was changing Nolan's diaper in his room yesterday and Carter yelled, "Mommy, where are you?"
"In the baby's room"
(him)"Oh, here I are"
(Me)"It's here I AM. Can you say that"
"Here are me"
"Here I am"
"Here me are"
"HERE I AM"
"Here me are"
"HERE... I... AM"
"Here...I...are"
"Nevermind"

4 comments:

Bertie said...

Awwww!! What a cute picture and I love the look on Nolan's face.

that conversation that you had with Carter made me laugh:)

Michelle said...

HA! That's hilarious (the "Here am I" part). And that's great you got a picture of both of them on Santa's lap!

The Staub Squad said...

Ahhhhh! That is so funny, I laughed out loud. I can't wait to smooth your babies in 10 days!!!

sheriee staub said...

I don't know what it means to "smooth your babies" but I am with Kate - can't wait to see ya.

Love - g'ma S