No, I didn't lose my weight yet. I excercised every day last week and ate like a champ but by Saturday had only lost .2lbs. Can you say discouraging? Wow, that's not much incentive to skip out on all the sweets and bad food. But I'm not gonna let it get me down...yet. I'm gonna see what happens this week. This may be more difficult than I thought...
Now, focusing more on the positive- guess what I DID do today? I got up and went running, did 2 loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, swept all the concrete and my back patio, vacuumed my house, mopped my kitchen, fed my kids, and...dun dun DUH!! (are you ready for this?) I got them both down for a nap at the same time (hence the new post). Are you amazed? I am. Seriously. Too bad today isn't one of those days I was dying for a nap. Those days the kids are wide awake the whole day and Carter's "quiet time" consists of him banging on his zylaphone the entire time (It just never gets old, does it?)
One funny thing that happened this week...We were eating chinese chicken coleslaw (don't get the wrong idea. I HATE coleslaw but this is more like a salad, just made with cabbage. It's delish.) for dinner and it has chopped green onions in it. Carter was on his 2nd helping (see, it has to be good) and we noticed him picking his nose a lot. Spencer kept telling him to get his finger out of his nose but he just kept picking. Spencer said, "Is there something up there?"
"Uh huh"
"Did you put an onion up your nose"
"Yes, I did"
"Put your head back, let me see"
So he tilted his head back and sure enough, there was a green onion up his left nostril. Spencer said, "Try to blow it out". He huffed and he puffed...and the thing wouldn't come out. So I had a genius idea- plug the other nostril. So I reached over and plugged it as he continued to blow out and then like a sweet snot rocket, it came flying out onto his plate. It was awesome. We were beside ourselves. The best part about it is that it made that popping noise when it came out, like "thhhhhhhhhwp". That was pretty much the best thing that happened last week, with the exception of Friday, when I got to take a nap and it was freezing cold and raining all day. That's about as good as life gets.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
5 comments:
Hayley, stop. You aren't supposed to be doing so much yet. Your going to make me look bad at Christmas and I had a baby 13 months ago.
I'm only kidding, your amazing!!!
Both napping at the same time!? That's pretty much amazing. And as I'm stuffing my face with more sugar cookies, I'll think of how good you'll feel about yourself while I'll just be disgusted with myself. No, really. I bet I ate half a batch of cookies...in one day! And today I'm feeling the gross effects! So good for you!
Hayley you are so funny...stories about snot is so you. I love your blog so much it made me finaly get mine up and going. I think you did way to much stuff today, it makes me feel lazy. You are amazing and I'm so impressed with your perfectly adorable kids. They are very very cute.
Luv Becky
Hay - you are a wonder woman. Spencer and those boys are lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must take after your mother:)
Dad - NOT
Post a Comment