Friday, May 2, 2008

Sitting, Rolling, Slobbering

Nolan has reached two major milestones this week. Since he's been slobbering ever since leaving the womb, I'm pretty sure you've guessed what they are. He turned six months old a week and a half ago, so it's taken this big boy a little longer but as you can see, he is very healthy and happy. He surprisingly graceful in his rolling over for being like a beached whale. Here's a clip for ya:



That horrible, ear-piercing squeal you hear at the end is Carter. I know, you are wondering how a human could make a noise like that. Here's proof that it is possible.

Carter has also recently picked up a new habit of taking naps in some peculiar places and positions. Here are a few examples:
In his "lion tent".


In the closet.



When my mom came for my play a couple weeks ago we went to Sea World for the first time. Carter loved it and couldn't stop chanting the "Shamu, Shamu!" song for a few days. It was pretty sweet.

And there's a Shamu trainer on his nose here, which may be one of the coolest jobs a person could have, besides being Tinker Bell and getting to fly over Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland in front of the fireworks.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I am dying to take Jackson to Sea World! It looks so fun!

The Staub Squad said...

Love the pics.

Amber Staub said...

What a cute video. I love the Carter squeal. Nobody can squeal quite like he can.

sheriee staub said...

When I was in California recently, I checked on Carter one day and he was a sleep on his bedroom floor with one of those silver accordian things you put in your windshield covering him, face and all. It was pretty funny. All I could see were a couple of little feet. At Sea World, I liked the way he said, "Shampoo" instead of "Shamu". I like Shampoo better, but he quickly learned to say it correctly. Also, now he has a sweet special Sea World sword grandma got for him.
I can't believe in two weeks that baby is doing so much! Can't wait to get you here soon.
Love, MOM

Matt and Jen said...

Oh my gosh! I love Nolan's big red cheeks! He's so cute! And Sea World is way cool. Some day we want to get season passes. We're lucky to have Sea World in SA.

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Such a long post, so many things to comment on. Hmmm, I love Shamu, do you guys sit up front so you get all wet? Nolan is so adorable, I love his cheeks. I love that Carter's sleeps everywhere...I bet he would love to try out sleeping at my house. Hint Hint. Are you guys coming out any time soon??? Please!