(I know I got back from my Houston trip a couple weeks ago but never followed up on my first post from the trip. So here's my follow-up)
HOW SWEET IS THIS EASY-BAKE OVEN? If that doesn't have 1980's written all over it I don't know what does.
In my recent trip home I found that my parents had found this in their attic, along with a few other childhood toys and I was way more excited than Carter to play with it. I kept trying and trying to convince him to use this thing and finally had to wait for my nieces to come over to whip it out. Believe it or not, I did not even have to change the 100 watt light bulb. And it only took 20 minutes to cook one single cookie (or rather, to burn it on the bottom and leave the top completely doughy) Anyway, it was awesome.
Next, check this out. This is a picture of the lake where my parents have a lake house in Houston. Now maybe you will see why Southern California looks really, really, really dead and brown to me. I like green.
This boy is the cutest thing.
No, wait. This boy is the cutest thing. Okay, they are tied for first. We took out the boat and fished our little hearts out, cutting worms with our teeth and catching loads of sea weed fish. Finally we caught one and I let him reel it in. Needless to say he was busting his little life jacket buckles.
The four boys cousins. They had a blast together.
Pap and Nolan on a boat ride.
He loved the boat. The rumble almost put him to sleep.
And pretended in the sunset that he was driving the boat dock. This time of day at the lake is impossible to catch on camera. It is too gorgeous as the sun shines through the tree and reflects off the water....just beautiful.
Every night Papa read the boys books. He doesn't read a word but tells them his way with voices and all. Carter was in charge of sound effects and knocked on the wall every time the wolf would knock on the little pig's door.
And I got Carter to look happy about using a girl toy.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
2 comments:
looks like such a fun time. loved seeing the boys at the lake. i have looked at the pictures, just haven't had a chance to sit and pick out my favs. i will though, promise!
Sis - loved the recap of your trip almost as much as having you here. Good memories. Love, MOM
Post a Comment