Monday, March 29, 2010

I hate Spring...

but it sure is pretty. Why do I hate Spring, you ask?

Because I sneeze about 248 times a day. Seriously, my allergies are killin' me. It's even too bad for the Neti pot. I've taken Zyrtec and Claritin. And Flonase. Someone out there have a secret weapon? Please???
I am sick today and therefore did not even step one toe outside until this evening, when I went to gather some sanity in my garden. Have I ever told you how much I love my garden?? Yesterday we prepped for planting in a couple weeks. We picked the fruits of my some of my labors from last October. I had no idea if these things would actually pop up but they did and it's awesome to have a spring garden. I'm going to make it a new tradition!
_MG_7583

So this is what our garden looks like now. Weedless, (almost) and bare. A fresh start. This year's garden will include sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloup, casaba melon, butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, cabbage, strawberries, grapes, cilantro, basil, and hopefully some stuff off of our trees (peach, plum, apricot, pear, pomegranate). Mmmmm...It's almost worth enduring the heat of summer for.
_MG_7605

I love having fresh flowers in the house. This was from a couple weeks ago before my allergies went insane and i was able to tolerate them inside. I love how kids simply see a flower as a flower. Whether it's a weed or a blossom, to them there's one simple fact...it looks pretty so lets pick it and take it to Mommy. Here they tore off some of the honeysuckle vines and brought them in for me. So cute.
_MG_6627
These bright red Geraniums completely clash with m kitchen. I love them.
_MG_6696

And they rest are just boring ol' pictures from the garden. But they are so pretty, no?
_MG_7602

_MG_7603

_MG_7606

_MG_7613

What do YOU love/hate about Spring??

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Alright, that's it! I'm moving to California!
Hmmm..... well, then again maybe not cuz I, too, suffer from spring allergies but mine are under control, thanks to the pounding we have gotten from snow. Keeping the tree pollens at bay. Love your garden, though!

Unknown said...

So happy you are feeling better. As you know, you got those allergies from me. So sorry! My love/hate relationship with spring is ditto to yours. So far so good, but the pine pollen in coming - ugh!!!
Love, MOM

Ashley Elizabeth said...

So pretty! I love that you garden! You amaze me!
Sorry about the allergies, what a pain! Shawn has really bad allergies too, and gets terrible nose bleeds all day long. Seriously there's blood every where! yuck!