I'm sorry I've been a horrible blogger. Can you forgive me? It's something that is on my list of things to do. But then I think...I think I'll enjoy taking pictures of my kids, or watching Lost with Spencer, or cooking something new. But I really do have good intentions. I think, "Tonight I'll sit down and unload all the pictures of my darling boys and tell all the stories I've been blogging in my head and brag about how cute and fun my little stinkers are." And then somehow it doesn't happen. Blah, blah. Excuses, excuses. Get on with it, Burk.
Well the week before last we were SICK. I mean, something NASTY has been going around and we got it. And felt quite crappy for days. Carter somehow escaped it. But we rarely stay at home all day, every day and during this time, we did. Seriously, 3 days in a row i didn't even shower. It was gross. And I forgot to brush my teeth until about 2pm. So during this time at home I thought I'd double-task and start potty training Nolan. And to spare you all the nasty details he is doing really and only peed his pants...3 times today? But they were all at home. No problem-o at the gym or park. So he gets two thumbs up in my book. And I just cannot get over his legs. They are so cute. I LOVE the baby fat wrinkle that still hasn't smoothed out at the top of them and I LOOOOVE how they bow our from the knee. I also secretly love the excuse of letting him run around in his undies.
Easter couldn't have been a more perfect day. The weather ruled, I loved listening to General Conference, and we got to spend time with family. The EB came and the kids were SOO excited to find their baskets and the eggs outside. Nolan SCREAMED every time he found an egg. We made it inside with 99% of our eggs. We found the last one 3 days later. Eww.



Nolan is hilarious. He picked up this egg and then for some reason decided he didn't like it and put it back down. I tried to get him to put it in his basket and he screamed and ran away.
We whipped out the bubble wands the other evening and as I was taking pictures I was struck with the beauty of the moment, the evening California breeze and the gorgeous sunset and I put my camera away and sat down on my grass to blow bubbles with my kids. And I thought about what a picture-perfect life I have and how I didn't want to take pictures of it right then, but just enjoy it and allow my kids to enjoy ME.

(can you see the intensity in these eyes?? p.s. he's getting freckles and moles. can you see the ones to on the right side of his mouth? (his left) Poor kid takes after his mom.)
I went to register Carter for Kindergarten for the SECOND time today and I still have to go back bc his shot record isn't up to date. But it really got me thinking about not having him around all day next Fall and I had this sinking feeling in my stomach and I miss him already. I know I will get used to it but he is Nolan's best friend and my baking buddy. And I just want my kids to stay little. Please, someone tell me they'll never grow up and leave home?? (or please tell me again that when the time comes I'll be gladly shoving them out of my house!)
We have been working every day in our garden.
Weeding, eating, planting...I love that my kids go in the garden and pick fresh fruits and veges and eat them right there and LOVE them. Strawberry season is upon us and I have to watch them like a hawk or Nolan will got pick all the ones which are hardly pick and down them. And he loves his squirt bottle. He played with that thing for like an hour and a half.
So this is why I've been a bad blogger. Don't hate me. Love that I've been trying harder to enjoy life. It's going oh-so-quickly by.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hayley,
I know you are going to do great with sending Carter to kindergarten and it's not because you will miss him less than you think you will. It will be because all his new adventures will be so fun and so cute that they will exceed your missing him! School has been SO very fun for my kids and I love watching them fit in to their new world. It's kinda like watching them learn to walk again and again. You'll love it! Or hate it and end up homeschooling them. Good luck either way! :o)
I have the bad news and the bad news - They will grow-up and they will leave home and you won't be happy to have them go. But, the good news is, if you have done your job right they will be ready and you will be happy for them. Remember you standing on the balcony of your apt. and NOT shedding a tear, and me driving off with my broken heart. I did my job, and you did yours. Life is GOOD!!!
MOM XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment