Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lately...

My kids are buddies (most of the time). When Carter's at school Nolan is constantly asking if we could go pick up Carter at school. Lately they have had the best time looking at books together. Carter pretends he can read all the books to Nolan and Nolan just LOVES to be read to. It's too cute!

_MG_5102

_MG_5108

And you know what? I don't care what people say about California (and sometimes what I think about California). It has been a beautiful winter and I never want it to end. It's been warm and sunny and we've been enjoying oranges, tangerines, lemons, and grapefruit to our little heart's content. Mmmm....

_MG_5220

_MG_5111

The kids spend at least an hour on their bikes pretty much every day. I've been trying to teach Carter to ride without training wheels a bit at a time, but it's been.....a bit of a challenge, to say the very least. (and yes, Nolan's suckin on a "postical" here. Gotta get rid of them before summer!)
_MG_5226

Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, but I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. I love breakfast. Oatmeal, steel-cut oats, veggie omlet, french toast, bacon, cream of wheat, oranges...seriously, there's such a variety that I could eat breakfast 3 times a day. My kids love bagels, bacon, eggs, grits, and oranges. (not all at once, however. I'm not that crazy)
_MG_5238

_MG_5246

_MG_5248

_MG_5255

And finally, Carter's tooth is hanging on by a thread. It kinda grosses me out. And he won't let me pull it out. Really, it like leans out toward me and i can almost see it flapping in the wind. Eew. Why am i more excited about him losing a tooth than him?? (btw, I couldn't get him to make a better face than this, his large-mouthed-bass face. Trust me, I tried.)
_MG_5256

p.s. I bought those red shoes I wanted. I love them.

2 comments:

sheriee staub said...

We need to see a picture of the shoes:) Sorry I didn't follow through on the "hint". The boys are just getting too big too fast! That tooth has been hanging on a for a while now - but I think the tooth fairy will be visiting soon.
Love you all - can't wait til you come. MOM

Amy Eaton said...

Cute boys! And so jealous of oranges and biking weather!! However, Provo winters have been a picnic compared to Idaho. Mike couldn't drag me back to live in those winters again.