Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Adorable Troll

Two blog posts in one week! I'm on a roll!
Okay, first off I've got more catching up to do...
One day Carter came home with a letter from his teach telling me that they were going to put on a kindergarten play (an "opera", to be exact). They were going to be doing The Nanny Goats Gruff and Carter, MY Carter, was going to be playing the troll. Like THE troll. The ONLY troll. Of course, he had known it for days and just hadn't mentioned it. Such a guy thing. At the end of April they performed their opera and we were just bustin' our buttons watching our adorable troll get up in front of a whole audience of parents and belt out his songs and lines like a pro. He's such a natural and stole the show! It was so great. Here are some pics...
He's wearing troll hair here:
_MG_7621.jpg

See him under the bridge?
_MG_7612.jpg

There's one of the nanny goats on his bridge. He's telling her to get off or he'd gobble her up.
_MG_7627.jpg

CIMG2146.jpg

Shortly after his play Carter turned 6. We had THE BEST day at Disneyland. Spencer took the day off and we went to Disneyland one last time before our passes expired. We are so sad to watch them expire this year. We have had such a wonderful time going to Disneyland so much.

CIMG2160.jpg

We bribed Carter with cotton candy and a dollar and he rode on the Tower of Terror with me. He was terrified. But he totally did it and didn't cry and therefore totally earned bragging rights for like the next year.
Here's a few pics from our trip. Here's us in front of the Matterhorn, me on Small world and my little Padwan Carter being trained to be a Jedi. He was the first one up to fight the humongous Darth Vader and was victorious.

Blog2

Pics I took of the kids lately. Carter's loving being 6. He just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels!

Blog-1

CIMG2199.jpg

Nolan is my climber. And he's good at it, too. He loves climbing up here and swinging on these handlebars. Even in his church clothes.
_MG_8975.jpg

Also, he has some awesome karate moves.
_MG_9024.jpg

He's become my garden companion. Helps me water, pick, plant, weed. We spend some time out there together pretty much every morning.
_MG_9036.jpg

We've been eating peas, zucchini, mulberries and beans like crazy. Our pomegranate tree is also loaded with these beautiful red buds and we're excited to have a bajillion of them come November.

blog3

Nolan somehow appears in my bed every few mornings. I say "appears" because I swear I don't hear or feel him climb in the bed. But I open my eyes and he's just....there. The other morning when I opened my eyes he put his warm little hand on my cheek and said, "Mom, are you waking up now?" It was the sweetest way to wake up and made the whole day wonderful. I mean, how could you have a bad day after waking up to this face??
_MG_9083.jpg

2 comments:

sheriee staub said...

That is the most adorable troll ever! But on the video his voice was kind of scarey.
Love to all, and thanks for the wonderful photos. I envy your garden:)
Love, MOM

Amy Eaton said...

I loved that book as a kid! YOu boys are getting so BIG! I am kinda jealous of all the fun boy action at your place..we have a lot of princess, fairies, and drama around here!