I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. I have two good excuses. One, I haven't had time and two, I haven't really cared about it. (yep, I said it).But tonight, I make up for my absence with an overload of pictures from our family trip to Houston at the tail end of March. (good grief I can't believe it's been that long already)
First of all it was a LOOONG trip to our final destination which was my parent's lake house in Henderson. Oh how I love this place. We played hard and slept hard and it was a blast.
We at brisket that was smoked by my dad for 14 hours. It was awesome.
The kids loved the big swing. Papa gives good swing rides. I would know. He totally pushed me when I was a small child. (Then one time he hid in the woods and after a couple minutes I realized he wasn't there and it freaked me out because he told me stories about the ghost that lived at my school and I started to cry and then he came out and he thought it was a pretty funny trick. Yes I do sometimes wonder how I have turned out as normal as I have...)

We played in our jammies all morning
We fished a lot. The kids loved it.
The lifejacket we first put on Carter was a bit...well, it was made for an infant but we didn't realize that until I noticed it was kinda riding up in the crotchal area. Poor kid.
All the boys went on a fishing trip. It was the only piece of sanity us women got all weekend.
Logan caught a lunker (can you see it?)
Here it is..

I got to kiss and munch on my stinking cutie of a nephew Cody who loved me. Probably because we're both awesome.
(Do I need to say, "We roasted marshmallows" for this one?)
Then we were off to Dallas for a visit to my brother's house. On the way to Houston after our trip there I had to stop and get some pictures of the gorgeous wildflowers.
(See the butterfly?)

(Doesn't this one seems like it needs to be a motivational poster with some cheesy caption like, "Stand out in the crowd"?
In Houston we went to Brazos Bend State Park which is basically where us wierd-o's go to spot alligators and get as close to them as possible. (it never occurred to me before that other people find this behavior strange but this is what we do for thrills in Texas)
Can you see the alligator?
This is my dad trying to look like a bird-legged Tarzan hanging 3 feet off the ground. He's so cute.
It has some seriously gorgeous scenery here

(can you spy the blue bird?)
Here's another one..
This turtle was making a nest and my dad was going to pick it up but it was hissing at him. So he was going to get behind it instead then I noticed he was standing in a pile of fire ants and they were all over his shoes and that sent him dancing around trying to shake them off. It was pretty funny.

We had an awesome time there and no one got eaten! We got to pet some baby alligators in the ranger station and the kids had a blast. Yay for vacations!!
Alright, I have more to update with but it'll have to wait. It's late and I'm tired and ready for bed. Until next time!
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
2 comments:
Great blog (finally) about your trip to wonderful Texas. It was so fun to have you all here. Great pictures of all the men in the family:) I guess I will have to have you take a picture of me treating you to Charming Charlie's jewelry next time.
Love, MOM
love - I really enjoyed the stuff you posted - the pictures are great and your comments are very clever and humorous. Thanks for taking the time to do this and I know it takes time.
YVO
Post a Comment