Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Love Easter

In fact, I love most holidays. But Easter is so cheerful and pastel-ish and bright and sunny. Not to mention its filled with adorable little chicks, bunnies, and Cadbury mini eggs. Plus, our tree out back looks like this


We dyed eggs this morning before church (and before makeup)

And the EB came and took them and hid them while we were gone. He also left baskets, which we didn't get a picture of.
Then I made my first turkey dinner

and was SHOCKED that it turned out really good. I was totally expecting the turkey to be dry, the yams to be mushy, the dressing to be gross, but thanks to allrecipes.com it turned out really good. (side note: if you haven't been to allrecipes.com, GO, sign up, and add recipes to your recipe box. It's a great place for new meal ideas)
After dinner, Carter hunted for the previously mentioned eggs and found them all by himself. This is the fourth easter egg hunt we've done between Wednesday and now, so he's getting the idea.
But the best part of the day was listening to the inspired talks given in church today and feeling the joy that comes with the knowledge I'm so priviledged to have. I am so blessed, it's amazing!
What was your Easter like??

5 comments:

Amber Staub said...

Easter IS great! Congrats on your first turkey dinner. I'm going to check out the recipe website you suggested. You two look cute coloring eggs and your tree looks beautiful.

sheriee staub said...

Burk Bunch: The pictures are great, the food looks delish, and the children are just tooooooooo adorable!!!! Would love to have an egg hunt with you all some time.

Love, G'ma and Papa

sheriee staub said...

I hope you are all remember to read "The Country Bunny" to your children. It is truly a great tradition, and one I treasure, thus, I gave you all the book.
Love - G'ma Sheriee

sheena said...

I too love Easter, All Recipes, and cadbury eggs....really can you eat too many?

austin and cherisse said...

dont you just love the flowers everywhere! You are dead sexy in the morning!