Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh, Memories!

The garden is slowly but surely coming along. I ended up planting my beans today. So as of today, we have tomatoes, peas, beans, and yellow squash in the ground. Hopefully soon we will add cucumer, watermelon, canteloupe, casaba melon, onions, chives, cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, strawberries, and some herbs to the mix. Isn't this pretty?!



So today the baby was taking a great nap and Carter was at the hardware store with Spencer, so I went in to Carter's room to do some cleaning and cleaning out and I went to make his bed and found this on it

Isn't that just too adorable!?! Carter had told me earlier to be quiet- that the bunny was sleeping. This brought back all the old memories of me and Bunbun. I used to do the same thing. It made me sad to think that I'm just a boring adult now and have no imagination whatsoever and see these bunnies just as stuffed animals like all the adults did when I was a kid. Even up until I was married Bunbun had feelings. Then my hubby kicked her out of my bed. Now she sleeps in my nightstand. (This is serious stuff here. Only stuff I tell my psychiatrist)

On to a happier subject...Carter put on Mr. Potato Head's glasses today, claiming they were his. He NEVER smiles and looks at the camera but was so thrilled with himself he did both!



If only I looked as cute in my glasses.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Jealousy abounds in me over your garden...

Brandi said...

oh the good ole days with bun bun.

The Staub Squad said...

I love that Carter put the bunny down for a nap. Logan does that too with his stuffed dinosaur. We were at the store the other day and he asked me how to make a cell phone with his hand. I showed him and he made a quick phone home to Brutus. He was just calling him to let him know we were on our way home.

Amber Staub said...

I am jealous of your garden too! Oh what I would do for a garden. I know Ryan would be so willing to help weed it and water it.
That's cute about the bunny. I love kids!
By the way, I keep meaning to tell you I love the picture of you and Carter on the side of your blog. You look so pretty!

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Wow you guys are amazing, such a wide assorment of fruit and veggies. I kill everything. Hopefully I'll have more luck with cactus? Carter is adorable with his bunny. Hayden has a whole family of stuft animals that he has to tuck into his bed everynight. There's barely even room for himself by the time he's done. I miss my lovey. Shawn kicked it out of our bed too. Now I only get to cuddle with Hayden's lovey, when he lets me.

sheriee staub said...

Sis: Oh what memories I have of the day you got BunBun. That was the best purchase I ever made. I too love Bunner, and I can't believe that awful Spence would kick her into a night stand. Wait till my next visit!!!!!!!!
Your MOM

sheriee staub said...

Carter looks too cute in those glasses - I love them!
G'ma Sheriee