And it has been one of my favorite days EVER.
It's 5pm and I'm still in my jammies and slippers.
I haven't exercised.
I haven't showered.
I haven't brushed my teeth (okay, that's kindof disgusting and I'm about to hit my limit and cave).
I haven't mopped the kitchen floor which has the rugs out of it and has been ready to be mopped since 11 this morning.
I haven't put in a load of laundry.
I haven't even thought about what to have for dinner (and like I said, it's 5pm).
BUT...today:
I WRESTLED with my kids on the floor.
I PRETENDED doggies with Carter.
I NAPPED PEACFULLY for more than one hour on my couch with a warm blankie (BLISS).
I WATCHED a movie with my kids (and the baby is so sick that he actually sat with me and watched, too)
I CUDDLED with my little sick one and didn't feel guilty that I wasn't getting something done.
I STARED at the rain out of our back door and was SO glad I didn't have to get dressed and go anywhere or do anything today.
I LISTENED to the heater kick on and off all day, greatful to be warm and cozy in my little home.
I ENJOYED a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows with my favorite 3 yr. old in the world.
I was PATIENT and didn't lose my temper, not even ONCE.
I LOVED today. And I needed it.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
7 comments:
Oh man, what bliss! That really does sound heavenly.
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day! I loved, loved, loved the weather too!
wow, these pregnancy hormones are making me crazy. That post just about made me cry. I hope Nolan gets better soon and I hope you have many more days like that.
Hope you don't mind that I sneak a peek at your blog every now and again. Your post reminded me of this treasured poem (kinda long, but sweet)
Song for a Fifth Child
Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
hang out the washing and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
Hope your little ones gets better real soon.
...and you talked to your fav. SIL for like an hour on the phone, am I right?
Showering is overrated :)
You can feel the happiness and peace from reading your post. That is the best kind of day. Good for you!
Post a Comment