Saturday, May 16, 2009

4

Can you believe how quickly 4 years goes by? (flashback May 2005)


Kids grow up way too fast. Just way WAY too fast.

Why can't they stay little longer?

Why can't I seem to cherish every little moment the way I'm supposed to?

I want to implant every memory in my brain to pull it up whenever I want to enjoy it. OOH! Maybe someone could get me a pensieve for my birthday. That's my birthday wish.
Well the inevitable happened and Carter turned 4 last weekend. It was too fun for me because I got to throw my first birthday party! (thank you, dollar store)
We had some friends over, played in the water, ate pizza, drank kool-aid, had cake and ice cream, and opened gifts. It was so fun and Carter loved it.

Being my first birthday party (i'm so glad he's only 4 and so he doesn't care about his cake) I don't have a lot of cake-making skills. As you can see from the following picture.


I had some extra frosting so I threw in a smiley face. One note to self- don't add sprinkles after writing on the cake. You could hardly see the writing so I used MORE extra frosting to write over Carter's name again. It really was a horrible-looking cake. Not bad tasting, though (Betty Crocker rules).

Carter's got lots of sweet gifts but this one "took the cake" (insert snorty giggle)

He also got a big-boy bike from parents and baby brother.

Then we got to go on our first big-boy bike-riding walk. Nolan was very envious. (psst...check out bigfoot's offspring there to the right of Spence. That kid's hair was everywhere. Carter even said, "Look at that girl's hair!")

Carter and Spence also got to go on the father and sons campout for the first time together. They had an awesome time and I got a little alone time with Nolan. We all enjoyed it but were also happily reunited today.

2 comments:

sheriee staub said...

Awesome blog. The kids look so cute, and he is growing tooooo fast.
Love, G'ma Sheriee

Rodeback Family said...

Cute kids Haley, you and Spencer did well! LoL