Okay, so rather than me putting your to sleep showing you all the great pictures of my garden I thought I'd test your SKILLZ and quiz you on how well you know your plants.
TO WHOMEVER GETS THE MOST OF THESE CORRECT GETS A SA-WEET $5 JAMBA CARD SENT TO YOU BY YOURS TRULY. (give me a break, times are tough ;)
If there is a tie then I you'll have to get together and split a large one (or if that won't work out maybe we'll do a tie-breaker). I guess we'll cross that bridge when if we come to it.
So here are the rules- (1) your answers must be your own. No calling your friend and being like, "Hey, can you check out this blog and look at the picture and tell me what it is and I'll split the booty with ya?" (2) Don't look up your answers on the internet because that is LAME-O. and (3) you must oooh and aahhhh and how beautiful my garden is.
Email your answers to me at hayburk1@yahoo.com by 9pm California time (PST?).
Okay without further ado, here is your quiz...
3) Name this fruit (hint: there's a bit one RIGHT THERE and they often grow in a "patch")
4)What are these plants going to grow?
6) What is this really old herb? (hence the flowering seeds on top) *BONUS- there is also a little tiny herb which looks more like a weed of another variety growing volunteer (I didn't plant it on purpose) to it's right. It's really strong smelling.
7) What is this other really old plant? (hint: really good chopped up in enchiladas)
8) Come the end of August we are going to have a billion and a half of these. What are they? And please come eat some.
9) Okay, this may be more difficult...What kind of tree is this little stinker hiding under? 
10) (I think we're getting harder as we go...) We've tried to kill this crazy tree a couple times because it's in an inconvenient place and it wouldn't die. Now we are really grateful it didn't and it gives us yummy berries. What crazy tree is this?

10) (I think we're getting harder as we go...) We've tried to kill this crazy tree a couple times because it's in an inconvenient place and it wouldn't die. Now we are really grateful it didn't and it gives us yummy berries. What crazy tree is this?
11) Okay this one's too hard. It's butternut squash. Even I didn't know until today when I saw a little bitty one on there.

12) And finally, this tree gives yummy orangish-yellow fuzzy fruits. What is it?

Okay, there ya go. Good luck!
Other things in and around my garden that we have growing are cabbages, pear tree, plum trees, orange trees, tangelo tree, grapefruit tree, lemon tree, collards (dad's doing), casaba melon, canteloupe, honey dew, watermelon, tiger melon, and zucchini. They just aren't big enough to really see what they are yet.
HAPPY GARDENING TO YA.








6 comments:
your garden is gorgeous. I really am jealous. Ours is just barely starting to grow and we don't have near the produce you guys do. Good job!
Where it says "hint" and Nolan is standing below it, I can't tell what that is??????
Your garden is so beautiful!!!!!
MOM
holy canoli you've got an entire grocery store back there! Impressive. I'm excited to see the answers. I just know that #2 is zucchini.
All we have room for is some veggies in pots on our deck this year- but it's still fun to watch them grow! I wish I had room for a bigger undertaking. I'll def need some tips when we do!
Is your quiz over? I'm sorry I missed it if it is. Your garden is beautiful. I was hoping to plant a few things this year but it didn't happen. Maybe next year.
"#2 is zucchini!"
(hehe! Won't she be surprised!!)
Post a Comment