Like about two weeks ago when I bought grapes.
WHY (you are thinking) is that silly?
Because our fridge looked like this
And this is after I downsized. That big bowl is filled with grapes I picked off. Seriously, what was I thinking? "Hmm, 77 cents a pound. I'll take 'em." Just silly.
And then there was Saturday's beach party where I thought, "I want to try and surf." So I got tossed around and beaten up by the waves (hate those double-whammys where you come up for a big breath after a huge wave and open your mouth all wide, gasping for air, only to be smacked in the kisser with another wave, swallowing a gallon and a half of salt water) so I could experience the glory of standing up on the board for "one, one million, two, one.." CRASH and showing my right bosom (or what's left of it) to the entire shoreline. Plus my knee is seriously bruised. Don't really recall how that happened but I remember thinking, "that's gonna leave a mark." Silly.
(Then I may have had a dream that night that I was a sweet surfer chick. Super silly. )
And finally, I like to pretend I can golf. I really suck. Like, really bad. But I try and hack my way through it. I DOUBLED par on this course. DOUBLED. I spent most of the time yelling, "DADGUMMIT!" and driving through the grass looking for my ball.
Here's my lesson on how to be a sa-weet golfer:
1.Stand too far away from the ball.
2. Slice it WAAAAAYYYY off to the right. (standing too far away from the ball)
3. Turn around and flash a cheesy smile to cover up how p.o.'d you really are that you're gonna have to go ball search (again) (and that you have a bit of a wedgie you can't pick in front of everyone)
Spence and I got to have an overnighter in the Marriott condos in Palm Springs, which was super duper awesomely fun. That night for dinner I sliced open a cantaloupe from my father-in-law's garden and it was just so darned pretty I spent like a 1/2 hour taking pictures of it (nerd, I know, I know). It was silly but I really liked this pic.
(speaking of, want to hear a cool story?? I was inspired recently by some cool food pictures and i wanted to try it out. I pulled my kitchen apart to get good lighting, blah, blah and I had photographed everything which seemed interesting when I stopped to think about what I wanted to do next (btw, baby was sleeping, Carter watching a movie). AS I'M WAITING FOR INSPIRATION, there's a knock at my door. I opened it to see my sweet neighbor bringing us this:
What?!? That was totally RAD (surfer girl). The timing COULDN'T have been any better. Plus, I was hungry and it didn't take me long to do this:
But I'm not as silly as these darling boys who love to dress up. And I LOVE when they dress up. (Buzz Lightyear played by Porter, our friend who came to play)
Nolan was totally delighted with looking at himself in the mirror (which you can't see. he's pointing at it)
Do you get any cuter than this? Carter felt left out that he didn't have a some sort of means of flying so he improvised with his blanky.
This is the cutest face I have ever seen. Seriously. I hope these cheeks never leave. Even when he's in college I want him to have cheeks like this.
Look at the determination in his eyes. He's out to rescue everything I want to throw away.
You can't tell from this pic but he's actually growling. It's terrifying. Really.
But I don't mind being silly. Someday I'll outgrow it and be old and boring. But for now, I'm 26! And the way I see it, I'm getting old fast. So I better enjoy being young now. (BTW, I totally had a birthday since the last time I blogged. Sorry I've been so neglectful.)
So tell me, how are YOU silly??
(And this post has taken me ALL night so you better leave me a dadgum comment.)
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
6 comments:
Oh gee, I have so much to say. I had best number my responses.
1. Happy Birthday!
2. I have so missed your clever blogs.
3. I love the chubby cheeks, too.
4. I love how you put the grapes in the picture of the burritos!
5. Sometimes I am silly because I go to the store and make a purchase, come home, look at it, and have Buyer's Remorse, and return it. Well, it's not even sometimes, it's ALWAYS. I prefer to call it "Bulimic Shopping." I went to Target 5 times yesterday, buying and returning, buying and returning. And I am going again this morning to return what I bought last night. Yes, sometimes I am silly.... well, it's really not silly, it just plain sick.
Love this post. Wish I could eat some of those home grown grapes, wish I could go surfing, and wish you a Happy Birthday.
I give your blog the "Best Blog Ever" award. Thanks for the all the reminders of silliness. When I clean my house I sometimes pretend that i am maid disgusted at the house I am cleaning(which is actually my own). It makes it more fun, silly, yes I know.
Well happy birthday! I'm with you on the golf thing. I like to play, but when it only happens once every 2 years, the games tend to be pretty funny. I just laugh through the whole thing!
Great Blog - and adorable pics of my darling grandsons. I feel silly when I ride the wave runner fast, or go on fast rides at Disneyland. I got very silly on those slides at Artesian Lakes and at girls camp this year. I am really silly about shoes and purses - like a little over the top. Your golf stance looks great. Keep swingin' and just have fun while you do.
Love, MOM
How come I can't see any of your pictures? Reading this post was just a teast. I want to see all the pictures your blogging about. Boo Hoo!
Post a Comment