I'm having a hard time blogging lately. Can you tell? I don't know if it's because there's too much going on or not enough. I THINK it's too much.
Here's the run down...(I'll try to keep this brief)
We went to one of those community water parks last week with recycled water and it was filled with nasty kids (some of whom were in underwear) but my kids had a blast.
The problem is, is that Nolan LOVES water.
In his face.
Mouth WIDE open.
I'm sure he guzzled a gallon of water (urine).
Next to the water park is a regular water park with a big playground. I'm watching my kids play all over this thing when this little kids drops his wet drawers. I start yelling at him "NO! NO NO NO NO NO!" but it was too late and he whizzed all over the rubber flooring. (BTW, there is no parent in site and he's....mmmm...maybe 4?) So I start yelling at this kid again, "YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM! EL BANO! BATH-ROOM! THAT IS YUCKY!" and he's looking at me like I'm a total lunatic. NICE.
ANYWAY, moving along...Nolan is PUKING that night. All over me. And the carpet. Spencer's in Utah for high adventure and two days later, Carter is PUKING. All over. (My carpets REALLY need to be cleaned) Coinsidence that they got sick after guzzling recycled pee? I think not.
Moving right along...Carter started swimming lessons last week. The first day he cried (bawled) through 75% of it and wanted to come give me hugs and kisses about every 2 1/2 minutes. The next time he got so worked up before class he puked in th teacher's Impatiens. I made the mistake of telling the other moms he has an "easy tummy" and that's ALL I've been hearing since then from him.
Friday we hit up the Wild Animal Park in San Diego. It was HOT and we were drenched with sweat. We walked a lot, saw a lot of animals, left and got some grub (which was, you guessed it, puked up) and then hit up the beach in Oceanside for the sunset. At the end of a very long, hot day we played in the sand and in the water (which was actually warm!) I finally got to take pics. 

The kids were out within 5 minutes of being in the car.
So if you have been wondering why the heck I haven't been posting much, there ya go. Plus I have been cramming my head with everything photography the past 3 weeks. I am SO excited about some sessions I have coming up! (and a wedding! Wahoo!)
Hang in there. I know I'm tryin' to!
4 comments:
So what you're saying is that you're pretty bored there in California and really want to move to San Antonio!? Great! Come on over!
...
Oh wait, dangit. Well waterparks are cool and all, but the whole urine-water thing might ruin it for me too, and my kids. That stinks.
And again, love that picture of the ocean.
Ewww! What water park was that? Is it the Aquatic Center? Please tell me it isn't! Sorry to hear about all the puking. That is so not fun! Love the pic of the ocean!
Though this makes a good story, I must say that if they are recycling the water it has to go through a filtration system. However, the "whizzing" kids and germs are probably free flowing. Sorry to hear about the boys, but happy they are on top of it now.
Love, MOM
That is so disgusting. Your poor kids. I love the picture of the beach and can't wait to see the results from your upcoming photo sessions. Good Luck!
Post a Comment