Friday, December 4, 2009

Please tell me...

that my kids do not have to attend school/socialize with the nincompoops we saw at the mall tonight?
Wait, let me back up...
First, we made the mistake of going to the mall tonight after dinner for a little Christmas shopping. And I'm pretty sure there was absolutely no one normal there except for me and hubby.
What is WITH high-schooler's trying to look as hideous as possible?!?
It's like they are making an effort to look ugly. Yet somehow they attract each other. It's amazing. And what's with the tight black pants trend that are hanging on for dear life UNDER the butt? Seriously, butt hanging out. EEW.
Black eyeliner.
Long, greasy hair.
Really long, skinny shoes.
Goofy hat?
AHH! I swear 26 is not that old but I feel 97 as I write this post.
And all I can think is, how is it going to be 10 years from now and how am I going to battle this? Anyone else feel a little overwhelmed??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get out of the "land of fruits and nuts", and move back to Texas. It's okay for your kids to say "ya'll!
Love, Grandma Sheriee

cecily said...

Of course your kids will not have to attend school/socialize with the nincompoops you saw at the mall. Those kids are much older than your boys. It's their children that they left home with Grandma that you have to worry about!

Burk Family said...

Crap! Good point, Cec! Oh, jeez, we are really in for it!sh