I know I said I would blog more if you commented more. Do you think I'm a lair now? I have sat down like 10 times to blog this week only to remember I need to send this rebate or that Christmas card or check the status on that package or I need to make this and take it to so-and-so....you know how it gets. But from here until Christmas I'm going to CHILL. Seriously, I feel like I have been sprinting and still can't seem to catch up. But guess what? I'm done shopping and returning. I'm done sending cards (okay, maybe a few stragglers). I'm done making candy/bread/food. I'm done running for a bit (btw, this is totally figurative running. I will still be on the dreadmill...)
Anyway, now I'm going to cover some high and low-lights of this week....
Highlight- popping popcorn and forcing myself (seriously forcing) myself to lay on the ground and watch Rudolph with the kids last night. I loved it.
Lowlight- having a conversation with a completely and totally buck-naked stranger in the women's locker room and not knowing where to look or what to do. And I totally don't even remember what we talked about because all I could think about was where not to look and to try and not look really uncomfortable. It was weird. Plus she kept calling me "Hayley" which I thought was strange. Like, "So what are you doing for Christmas, Hayley?" and "It was nice talking to you, Hayley, and you have a good day." She was totally nice but it was just weird. Put some clothes on, Rebecca.
Highlight- getting packages from Gama and Papa with cozy new blankets.
Lowlight- getting ogled by a 50 yr-old man with glasses in the car next to me. I didn't even notice until I tried to pass him up and he went faster and kept up with me. Then I slowed. So did he. So I looked to see who was being so obnoxious and he nodded and mouthed, "hey". I gave him my worst "leave me alone" smile and ignored him. I could feel his gaze burning into my skull. I glanced again and he was STARING. Again, the nod and "hi". So I put my hand up and gave him some attitude and was like, "WHAT?" in my sassiest DON'T MESS WITH ME body language (oh, no you dih-n't). He got the hint and left me alone. Eew. I can't even be excited about being picked up by THAT guy. Gross.
Anyway, HIGHLIGHT- my sweet sweater party tonight. Chili, fresh and hot bread, cranberry salsa, hot chocolate, toffee, veges, ginger snaps, cocoa, games and laughing...we had a great time.
Lowlight- when I ran into my open cabinet door because I was looking down. And I teared up but didn't cry because I'm a big girl now.
Highlight- watching my piano students at our recital. I love that they are learning music and that they are learning it from me.
Lowlight- being late to my own piano recital and have everyone waiting for me.
Highlight- eating the most delicious oranges from Gless Ranch.
Lowlight- diarrhea from eating too many oranges from Gless Ranch.
Highlight- listening to Christmas music.
Lowlight- having to listen to "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time".
Highlight- cuddling with boys in the bed.
Lowlight- losing my temper.
Highlight- taking pictures in the ever-beautiful Newport Beach of a lovely engaged couple on a perfect evening. (see photo blog on right)
Lowlight- having a guy at the gym tell me I was using the bicep curl machine wrong. Then getting annoyed at him for throwing off my groove. And then realizing I really was using it wrong. Then wanting to tell him to go away and mind his own business. Show off.
And some more highlights to top it all off...
opening one of the doors every morning on our advent calendar and seeing what little gift it is. my kids love it.
rain.
growing grass (finally!)
getting a handful of picked flowers from my yard from Carter and having them in a cup in my kitchen.
pomegranates (we have SOOO many)
finding matching jammies for the kids (I can't wait to see their faces!)
having a clean house for Sunday
going to bed after a long Saturday
(goodnight)
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
4 comments:
Oh I wish we could have some pomegranites! They are K's favorite- but so expensive. Like 2 or $3 each! Love your posts. I always laugh and am amazed at how much you do!
Pretty sure it was just a lowlight to have the guy pick up on you because he had glasses.
Your posts make me happy!
You sound like a busy little mom, and a good friend to all. We will miss being with you this Christmas. I want to see pics of your party please.
Love, MOM
Post a Comment