Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Christmas post.

We still have our tree up. And by "we" I mean "me". Or actually to be grammatically correct, "I". "I" love our Christmas tree and just can't seem to let it go. Every single other decoration has been plucked from its short residency and packed back in boxes in the attic until next year.
Except the tree.
I think it really makes the room warmer so maybe we're saving on electricity (?)
Anyway, I loved December this year. It's getting more fun every year as my kids get older and understand all the fun things about Christmas. But I think the best part of it all is getting to start the same traditions in my family as we had in my own growing up.
Every year my mom would be in the kitchen for hours making Christmas candies to send around to neighbors, friends, and others. One of my favorites growing up were Christmas hollies. Out of all the delicious chocolate covered candies my mom made, I loved these green/sticky/crunchy/gooey little hollies the best.

_MG_0657
(I gave one to Carter and made the mistake of calling it "gooey" which had the completely opposite effect I intended, and after being forced to take a bite he immediately rejected it into the trash can.)
Us taking treats to neighbors (note that I do not normally let my kids wear outfits such as this but this was an exception. Long story...)
_MG_1285

_MG_1270

I LOVED doing this advent calendar this year. Every day the boys got to open a little present. And it wasn't candy! They loved it and didn't forget even one day.
_MG_0644

Carter found a good way to warm his hand.
_MG_0640

I loved playing Christmas songs on the piano for my kiddos.
_MG_0610

We acted out the Nativity with cousins. Arent they just the cutest?? And there is a plethora of babies goin on here. Can you tell which one is the real one?
_MG_1215

The proud parents.
_MG_1184

The shepherd stealing a gift for the baby.
_MG_1200

Joseph digging for gold for the baby.
_MG_1233

Another tradition in my family is that the kids couldn't see the tree until everyone was awake. We'd actually do it, too and hold our blankets over our heads like so and all uncover at the same time.
_MG_1306

And we'd see that Santa had dumped his whole sleigh under our tree. (another note- this wasn't all just for our family- we had Spencer's family too. I wish!)
_MG_1300

The kids found the pirate ship first. Maybe because it was the only thing Santa didn't wrap.
_MG_1320

Luckily the Grinch returned all of our stuff before we could even know it was missing. (don't I have a clever little boy??)
_MG_1293

And we finally got to rake leaves and jump in them. Yes, I know we're a little behind but better late than never, huh?
_MG_1680

_MG_1701 copy

The cutest boys EVER.
_MG_1131

The End.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh the holly treats. I remember being suprised at the end result :0) I'm glad you had a great Christmas.

Amber Staub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Staub said...

Cute pictures of the kidos. Your tree looks beautiful with the light and all the presents under it. The kids look cute in their costumes. We did a little nativity play with the kids here and it was so funny. Why haven't we done that sooner?

Peggy said...

Being the mother of predominantly sons I certainly enjoy the pics of your boys doing boy-ish things! So funny! Your pictures and stories are wonderful! Why does my daughter not post comments on your blog??

Unknown said...

Two of the cutest little boys in the world! I love the entire blog. Your home looks like a Christmas card. By the way, is something supposed to come from Amazon????
Love, MOM