Here's me going, "Holy crud this backpack is heavy" after which I turned around and abruptly deposited my pillow, a jug of water, and Spencer's sleeping bag in the back of the car. That night, I really really missed my pillow.
At this point we're at the top of the tram that leaves from Palm Springs. It was the best $17/person I have spent in a loooonnng time.


We went with our friends who for the sake of privacy I will henceforth refer to as "Poncho" and "Betty".


After a 3 mile hike with our packs, I was drenched with sweat and it was cold! COLD in August! I'm enjoying a delicious packaged tuna dinner, complete with crackers and fruit leather and finally topped off with some dark chocolate and nut trail mix while Poncho and Betty set up their tents.

I attempted to sleep that night but mostly just laid there listening to Spencer sleeping soundly next to me. He took his pillow. I attempted to use this sweatshirt all balled up and it wadn't cuttin' it. Kept coming all unwadded and was rock hard and my ear hurt when I laid on my side. But about 2 in the morning I wanted to smother him so badly just because I couldn't fall asleep. We woke up at 4:30 (FOUR THIRTY) in the morning (after I fell asleep for about 1.5hrs) to hike to the peak and get there for sunrise. We missed it by about 15 minutes but it was so pretty on the way up!

I attempted to sleep that night but mostly just laid there listening to Spencer sleeping soundly next to me. He took his pillow. I attempted to use this sweatshirt all balled up and it wadn't cuttin' it. Kept coming all unwadded and was rock hard and my ear hurt when I laid on my side. But about 2 in the morning I wanted to smother him so badly just because I couldn't fall asleep. We woke up at 4:30 (FOUR THIRTY) in the morning (after I fell asleep for about 1.5hrs) to hike to the peak and get there for sunrise. We missed it by about 15 minutes but it was so pretty on the way up!
Here's me and Poncho. But I didn't post this pic because either of us look very good, but because it was so awesome how you could see the shadow of the mountain over the valley. See the peak??


Self-explanatory (except I'm not going to try and explain Spencer's look here)
And here's a picture of all of us at the peak. Can you see us? If you do you get a virtual high-five from me.


Shortly after this picture is where I completely bit the dust trying to unstick a band-aid from itself so I could put it on a blister. I tripped and rolled like a rag doll down a couple rocks and stopped completely upside down and hoping no on had seen me, only to be disappointed a few minutes later that no one had, in fact, seen me. Because it would have been hilarious.
The End.







2 comments:
Sis: Great story of the mountain and you, Spence, Poncho and Lefty? Was it? At any rate, cool pictures and looks like a great adventure. Your sleep issues you definitely get from me - Sorry. Those long legs also look like mine did (once upon a time, in dream-land). Now, some pics of Utah and Idaho please.
Love, MOM
That looks like a beautiful hike. Oh, to be in the mountains...I'm jealous.
Post a Comment