Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Utah Trip

I love Utah. I take that back. I love the scenery in Utah in the summer. I find it fascinating that those rivers can run like they do ALL summer just from the snow pack. Isn't that crazy? I love the GREEN. (I'm noticing a trend here with my posts tonight. I must love lots of things...)
One of my favorite things to do in Utah is to drive up "the canyon" (meaning, whichever is closest) and have a cook-out. We've been doing this since I was a kid and come summertime in California, I yearn to be in Utah, in the cool canyons, BBQing with my family.
_MG_1526

We had fresh salsa (from my garden!) and watermelon
_MG_1550

We had BBQ chicken and grilled corn on the cob
_MG_1590

Carter got to discover playing in the creek with his shoes off for the first time. He was excited. And flailed his arms awkwardly.
_MG_1566
_MG_1565

They got filthy and sticky with watermelon juice
_MG_1579

And LOVED the corn
_MG_1615

My Mom was there.
_MG_1614

My Dad was there.
_MG_1553

We roasted mallows.
_MG_1649

The little guys discovered campfire smoke.
_MG_1620

And what it feels like when you get it in your eyes.
_MG_1644

It was a GREAT trip. Lots of family. Lots of fun. Lots of driving. Lots of pretty scenery. And mostly, not Hemet.

_MG_1885

_MG_1839

3 comments:

Gina said...

Hayley- you take such amazing pictures. I love reading your blog. I want to cook like you do! And I wish my garden was like yours. Oh yeah, I'll take a plum tree too! That picture of your mom is GREAT. She is so beautiful. Tell her I LOVE her!

austin and cherisse said...

I love the pictures!! They look awesome.

sheriee staub said...

Hey Hay: First of all - what a sweet note from Gina. I love her too, and miss her mom terribly. Hayley, you and I need to go on a trip and visit Gina and Joyce. Your pictures and the great write-up of Utah made me want to do it all over again - soon!
Love you so much - MOM