Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Came...

...and then left again. And it's summer again and we're wearing shorts, flip-flops and having to eat all these hot soups I made last week which were so comforting and this week feel like a burden. Hot soup on a hot day kindof stinks. . What a tease Fall is. So annoying.
Every year when it feels like Fall, even for a day, I love to head up to Oak Glen which is up in the mountains in Yucaipa and is covered in beautiful apple orchards and pumpkin patches. It's so pretty and feels so much like Fall you can't help but want to scarf down every apple pastry/donut/pie/crisp that you land eyes on. It's full of comfort foods and crafts, candies, CHOCOLATE, fudge, carmel apples....My hips got bigger just being up there for 5 hours. Plus you get to sample different varieties of apples and the doggone best cider ever at Snowline.
While there we visited the "zoo" (aka manky old ducks, turkeys, and peacocks in cages) and got to go to the petting zoo.
I will totally admit that I was too cheap to buy the kids food to feed the animals but the girl with the skinny jeans and flats on here had pitty on them and gave them a few rabbit turds for kicks.
(yes, I did censor this picture...it was grody)
_MG_1001-Edit.jpg

_MG_1014.jpg
The baby pigs were a hit. Such I hit I could hardly get them to go see anything else. And I have to admit...they were so dang cute.
_MG_0974.jpg
(can i just say I hate goats? Creepy eyes and they bug the crud outta me. A couple of them were eating my coat. And they are pushy and stupid. I hate them.)
_MG_0985.jpg

Had to share this photo because of something special. Can you see what?
_MG_0990.jpg

And there were some special ed kids there as well. They were sweet so I took a picture of them.
_MG_0993.jpg
(SERIOUSLY, what is that POSE?? He did that a couple different times. It's like a gay ninja. Or a really uncoordinated dancer. With his fly partially down)

Who is this girl? (woman?...btw, did I tell you I got called "Mom" the other day by a woman giving samples at Costco? Wondering why that bothers me? I DIDN'T HAVE MY KIDS WITH ME. IS IT THAT OBVIOUS? Please tell me it's not....)

_MG_1008.jpg

I love hoodies on little boys. And capris. Haha. (Kate, do you recognize those shorts?? We've gotten good use out of them. Not sure you want them back. They've been peed in severally :)
_MG_1020.jpg

_MG_1040.jpg

Can you tell these guys are brothers?
_MG_1059.jpg

And now...the sweets....(caution...do not look late at night because it may lead to a sugar binge)
_MG_1073.jpg

_MG_1074.jpg

Can i tell you how badly I wanted this carmel apple with nuts and white, dark, and white chocolate? Ooohhh mama.
_MG_1075.jpg

_MG_1076.jpg

_MG_1077.jpg

_MG_1078.jpg

_MG_1080.jpg

So we got a taste of what the rest of the country is enjoying. And we loved it, even though it only lasted 5 days. But it was glorious and pretty soon I'll be bragging all about being able to wear jackets and flats and everyone else will be suffering in gross, sludgy, freezing cold, wet snow freezing their keisters off. So I guess I can put up with it a little bit longer.





5 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

i love fall, and yes i do recognize those short/capris(on nolan), glad they've come in handy. i'll have to leave stuff more often!
ps my mom thinks cody looks just like nolan

Michelle said...

You're hilarious. And that chocolatey goodness apple looks amazing!

jjpalmer said...

Love your blog....Your kids are absolutely adorable!!!! (I do love little boys)
I have to admit my favorite picture is of the Monster Pecan Apple...I think I'd frame that one!

sheriee staub said...

Little girl - great wrap-up of your little event, and hoping for a repeat when I am there in two weeks. Let's try to stay out of the candy shop please. Love the censoring of the goat's ----. MOM

Cristina said...

you're too funny. maybe the costco lady meant to say maam and it just came out funny?