Monday, October 25, 2010

Did you know...

...you can take any old sweet potato, stick some toothpicks in it, submerge it 1/3 way in water, put it in a warm, sunny location, watch it grow...

_MG_9672

...break off the "slips" (the plant part), dig a whole, plant it, water it profusely...and 5 months later you'll have...
_MG_3500

...and it's like a treasure hunt digging these guys up. Seriously, I was totally giddy. (shut up, I know my toe is freak-ish)
_MG_3494

I mean, I grew them! I know, I know, I grow lots of things. But this was my NEW thing. Every year I plant something new. And this year it was sweet potatoes. And it worked! How fun is that? Next year....fennel? Egg plant? Celery? Asparagus? Kale? I'll have to give it some thought. Any suggestions??

1 comments:

sheriee staub said...

You planted - your grew - I came - I tasted. They were wonderfully yummy:)
MOM