Three is a great age.
*(This goes without saying that three is also a really, really difficult age.)
But who doesn't like three? Three is so great because you can be sweet one minute, throw a ginormous fit the next, and your excuse is, "I'm ONLY three".
That doesn't really fly in adult-hood.
I wish it did, though.
"Ummmm...NO, I haven't learned not to get 2nds (or 3rd's) of Thanksgiving dinner so I don't feel like I'm going to explode afterward. Hello, I'm ONLY 27." (seriously, I've had Thanksgiving dinner like 25 times in my life and still haven't learned...)
Three would be a fun age to revisit.
It's such a care-less age, isn't it?
It is acceptable constant partial nudity.

Shoe-less dirty feet.
Putting your mouth all over things where people have had their dirty feet/hands.
And dirty things from the floor in your mouth (like that Otter Pop wrapper at the park. Really? REALLY?????!!)

It's a constant head scratch/bump/bruise. (Especially when your head is still like 1/3 of your body mass.)

It's having no responsibility to get dressed. You would stay in your jammies all day if I let you. (as a side note, some adults never progressed past this point. If you want proof visit your local Walmart)

It's tiny hands learning to be careful and gentle.

It's having a sponge-brain and learning so much every day.

It's not caring if your favorite blanket looks like it belongs to a girl because it has pink on it. (*note, this picture has an explanation but it's not an interesting one. just know my kids do not often sit on the cars in their jammies and girl blankets)

And watching daddy wash the car.

And loving him so much that you cry every morning when he takes your brother to school, even though he'll be back in 10 minutes.

It's being mom's superhero and putting away the silverware.

It's the cutest number.

Or maybe that's just because you are the cutest boy and you happen to be 3 today.

Or maybe it's because I have 3 of these.


It's a constant head scratch/bump/bruise. (Especially when your head is still like 1/3 of your body mass.)

It's having no responsibility to get dressed. You would stay in your jammies all day if I let you. (as a side note, some adults never progressed past this point. If you want proof visit your local Walmart)

It's tiny hands learning to be careful and gentle.

It's having a sponge-brain and learning so much every day.

It's not caring if your favorite blanket looks like it belongs to a girl because it has pink on it. (*note, this picture has an explanation but it's not an interesting one. just know my kids do not often sit on the cars in their jammies and girl blankets)

And watching daddy wash the car.

And loving him so much that you cry every morning when he takes your brother to school, even though he'll be back in 10 minutes.

It's being mom's superhero and putting away the silverware.

It's the cutest number.

Or maybe that's just because you are the cutest boy and you happen to be 3 today.

Or maybe it's because I have 3 of these.

And I love them a whole lot.
I think that's why I like 3.
I think that's why I like 3.









3 comments:
Happy b-day nolan!!
Grandma and Papa love you so much Nolan - Happy Birthday! Cannot wait to celebrate tomorrow when I get there - Chuck - E - Cheese (sp.?????) here we come.
Love, Grandma
I love that post. So many cute pictures of a cute little boy. You make me want to go back to being 3 again too!
Post a Comment