Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I take it back.

I love Spring. Did I say last time I dreaded it? I meant I really love it. For example, today we flew kites at the park. It was PERFECT weather and we had so much fun. Also, it's raining tonight and I get to listen to it watering my newly planted garden, which is much cheaper than me having to water it, so that rules.
I can't wait to have my garden in full-swing. I can taste my tomatoes now. Feel the burst of cherry tomatoes between my teeth. Smell the basil. I'm DYING for fresh salsa and sauteed zucchini and green beans and SUGAR SNAP PEAS and peaches and grapes and CANNING. Ooh, I can't wait...
Well I know I'm waaay behind on blogging so I'm catching up tonight. A little bit.
A couple weeks ago we got a good amount of rain and my kids have been asking to go sledding all winter and the mountains are all so pretty and snow-packed so we borrowed a whole bunch of snow gear and headed up the snow with our friends. I love our location because we are so close to the snow. It takes about a 1/2 hour of a totally windy, barfy road and you are there! Only, by the time we got up there so much of the snow had melted we were searching for good sledding snow. But we found some and we had a blast!
_MG_5600.jpg

_MG_5604.jpg

I love how decked-out my kids were because it turned out to be really warm up there and we were all dressed for a blizzard and sweating like 2 minutes into it. Poor Nolan really got the shaft on the snow clothes and ended up with Hello Kitty boots and pink pants. It was awesome.

_MG_5608.jpg

_MG_5614.jpg

Spencer was the instigator of many snowball fights and the kids all had a blast trying to get the better of him. It didn't work. He dominated those little turds. That's mah man.
_MG_5641.jpg

Nolan ate a ton of snow and was peeing the rest of the day. I swear I told the kids not to eat it like 5,000,000 times and did they listen? You know the answer to that one.
_MG_5663.jpg

Meanwhile, back at our house, it was an 85 degree day. We all got home in our snow clothes and were sweating like crazy. My garden loved the heat.
_MG_6000.jpg

_MG_6003.jpg

_MG_6010.jpg

_MG_6025.jpg

_MG_6032.jpg

I love the plum blooms on the grass in my backyard. They look so pretty.
_MG_6036.jpg

Has Spring hit your town yet? Don't you love it?? Are you planting a garden this year?

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I live in a different world than you do. And yet you can drive to my world in 30 minutes. You have the best of both worlds, it seems.

Unknown said...

Sis: Been waiting for you to blog and it was delightful. Love that Nolan isn't aware enough of "Hello Kitty" to throw a fit yet:) Can't wait to get you here in ONE week. Love You All - and can't wait for munchie kisses!!!!!
MOM