...to San Francisco...and Napa and Sacramento.
There is a long story to go with this post but I'm preeetty sure no one wants all the lame-o details that come with a trip. So I'll narrow it down to the facts.
I took a trip to Sacramento/San Francisco/Napa to see my BFF from HS. All by myself.
I was scared. I felt like I was forgetting something. I was excited and nervous. I realized I need to get out more often.
I flew to Sacramento and we left the morning after to go to Napa, which way way way way exceeded my expectations. We hit up the Jelly Belly factory on the way. Mostly because it was there. Not because I'm a big fan. (Are you a fan? I have to say my experience there only solidified my thought that there are SO MANY MORE delicious ways to eat sugar than those flavored stale-ish semi-solidified corn syrup-filled bunny turds that stick in your teeth for days)
We tried the sample bar and had the pleasure of sampling as many disgusting jelly beans as we desired.
After we didn't take the 45 minute tour, we headed onto Napa for brunch. It was BEAUTIFUL in Napa. Maybe one of the prettiest places I've been. I know, I already told you I realized I needed to get out more. 


I survived this day because of this:
We visited these HUGE wineries. They were really huge. Like really. Huge. 
This one is a real castle. Like with a moat and a drawbridge. It was our fave. 
It had all these cool trees and I think I realized I like old trees and moss and ivy so much I might just want to take a million pictures of them. And I did. And I ended up deleting most of them because they are SO not that cool in pictures. 
Then we were off to San Francisco! 



Questions you are dying to ask me: 1. Did you ride a trolly? No. I didn't know where to get on one and I didn't think it would be that thrilling. 2. Did you go to Fisherman's Wharf and eat clam chowder in a bread bowl? No, I did not. 3. Why? Because I didn't want to. 3. Did you go see the windiest street that ever was? No, didn't get to it. 4. Did you eat at any incredible restaurants while there? Nope, not incredible at all. 5. Uhhhh.... Did you do ANYTHING cool in San Francisco? Yes! I liked all of it but especially liked Golden Gate park. I think I'm definitely not a city girl. I was aching to get out of the city. It was good for a visit but I might not survive living there. Here's some from GG park:
This band playing in this tunnel was SO GOOD! This kid was gettin' down, too.
(see? trees and moss. LOVE IT.)
Japanese Tea Gardens



And finally on to Golden Gate Bridge, which was pretty cool but not so cool I'd race to get back.
Here's one of my many awkward "I'm the only one in this picture" pictures

After that it was back to Sacramento where I had sushi and seaweed salad for the first time. Does seaweed salad make your stomach turn? It was actually really good.! Be adventurous and try some....the next time you....see it...on a menu....at a restaurant that serves it.
And that pretty much sums it up! I know what you're thinking..."THAT was the short version?!" Yikes.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
3 comments:
This is lovely and sounds like you girls had a great reunion. Now we are looking forward to "Our big adventure in seeing Papa and Grandma" on your blog:)
Love having you here and miss you all, especially little boy hugs and kisses.
Love MOM
Love your pics! Looks like a fun trip.
BTW, I have that exact same brown hoodie.
I wear it almost all the time, but am hoping to shed it once the weather warms up... if it ever will.
Your pictures are stunning. The one of the Japanese Magnolia took my breath away!
Sounds like a fun trip!
Post a Comment