Monday, October 22, 2007

6 Things About Me

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I was tagged by Gina 'Messick" (New Last Name).

6 Facts about me:
1. I have become an obsessive-compulsive house cleaner. I will figure out after pregnancy if this is just a temporary nesting thing but until then, I have to assume that I've become one of those annoyingly clean people. On a typical day when I get the cleaning "bug", I'll start outside with mowing the lawn, sweeping, weeding the garden and pruning the rose bushes, then I'll move inside and clean my entire house top-to-bottom, including doing laundry.
2. My favorite part of my day is in the morning, when I wake Carter up at about 7:30 and he says, "Hey, mom! I want apple-juice. I lay on the bed with mommy." Then we lay in my bed for 15-20 minutes and cuddle and talk. I ask him what he wants to do that day and he'll either say, "I go a-Diseyland!" or "Go Chuck-E-Cheese!"
3. I hate television. Like seriously despise it. There are very few shows which I enjoy watching and everything else seems so completely worthless that I feel dumber after watching them. We don't even have tv. We watch movies if we need entertaining or watch a tv show on the internet.
4. I love to exercise. I do work-out videos at home, walk, and lift weights. Last year I thought, "I think I'll train for a 1/2 marathon." I got serious about it for about a month and actually woke up early (!) to train and stuff. Then when I could go about 7 miles I started thinking to myself, "Wow, I'm only 1/2 way there and I'm spending a lot of time running. This stinks." So I stopped training. But I still love to exercise. Just not one of those with a lot of endurance.
5. I take a nap every day. Regardless of if I'm tired or not, I nap. I love it and I know it's coming to a close real quick.
6. My favorite movies are mini-series ones like Anne of Green Gables and Pride and Prejudice. Others include North and South (not the one with Patrick Swayze), Victoria and Albert, Wives and Daughters, Daniel Deronda, and The Forsyte Saga.

I don't have that many people's blogs so I tag Kate, Sheena, and Michelle.

4 comments:

sheriee staub said...

I am afraid you got the OC nature with cleaning from me dear, your loving OC mother!

You just had a baby a couple of hours ago. I am too excited. I will see you soon.

Love, MOM

sheena said...

YOU JUST HAD YOUR BABY!!!!???

YIPEE! enjoy!

Gina said...

Okay, could you please come to my house. I almost never get the cleaning "bug" and it shows!
Okay, every once in a while I get the cleaning bug, and then I am so proud of myself I take a few weeks off!
I am watching the last hour of Wives and Daughters tonight! So good. I can't wait!
Oh, I just read you had your baby! Yeah! Congrats- I guess you won't be doing much cleaning for awhile!

Gina said...

Oh, by the way, my "new" last name is Hill- actually, my last name is about 4 years "new" now! Time does fly!