Our new baby, Nolan Mack Burk, arrived yesterday at 1:15pm. He was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. So the run-down of the whole experience, in a nutshell, goes like this:
Monday at the Dr. I was dilated to a 3 or so and the Dr. stripped my membranes. She told me labor would probably start within 24 hours. By night, I was skeptical because I hadn't felt any contractions.
Went to bed at 11:30, woke up at 2 with contractions about every 10 minutes. By 4 in the morning they were bad enough to get me out of bed and in a hot shower. Spencer woke up around 6:30 and we were off to the hospital by 7:30.
8:35- got to the hospital. I was the only patient so I had nurses all over me, eager to help. It was great. I was happily resting with an epidural about an hour later.
The epidural made my contractions stop so I had to have pitocin. After that I progressed quickly and had the nurse check me. She said, "OH, he's like, RIGHT there." Within 5 minutes I was pushing and another couple minutes and the baby was born. It was awesome and so much better than the first time around.
So everything's going really well. We are all healthy and happy and I'm especially happy to be home. We got here around 2 this afternoon.
So here are some pictures. Spence is wearing a mask because he was a little sick the day before. Carter is SO excited about his "baby bwover" and loves to give him kissies on the cheeks. He's adjusting to sharing mommmy and daddy, I think. He was sucking his thumb while watching a movie today. He hasn't done that since he was a little guy.
Anyway, just wanted to post a few pics and an update. I'm off to bed as soon as I'm done here!
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
6 comments:
Congratulations! I was just thinking today, "She hasn't posted, I bet she had her baby!" I just have to put my two bits in: I think he has your lips. He's a cutie!
WOW! Congratulations on the new arrival Haley! He is precious!! Ok.... so you SOOOO do not look like you just went through labor in those pictures of you! You look beautiful!:) Have fun with Nolan and being a new mom of 2!:)
Cute blog Hayley, good to see your family growing and happy! Congrats again to you and Spencer!
Congrats! I'm glad to hear your labor went smooth and that he came out so perfect! Can you believe you have 2 kids now? I will be joining your ranks in less than two months! Yeah!
Yay! Congrats! I love the name! So good to hear Carter is adjusting so far....it makes it so much easier!
Wow!! I'm amazed at how much he looks like Carter, and you and Spencer. But mostly Carter. Wow!
Post a Comment