Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Was Tagged

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. figuring out how to make myself not look flat (still haven't figured that out. a little help, please) 2. living in a teenage dreamworld
3. going to the beach or to 6 Flags Astroworld like every other day
4. going through puberty (yes, a late "bloomer". it's still a touchy subject)
5. not thinking about having kids

5 things on my To Do List:
1. gain control of sweet-tooth
2. mow lawn (i'm just not feeling it this week)
3. play Darth Vader an Darth Mall with Carter
4. clean mysterious brown stain off carpet. (i'm pretty sure I know what the brown stain is which is why it's still on my to-do list.)
5. watch Bachelorette (still haven't seen the finale but unfortunately saw the outcome on Yahoo. curse you, YAHOO!!!!)

5 favorite snacks or foods:
1. See's chocolates (white chocolate cashew brittle, butterscotch squares, molasses chips, caramels, turtles, most everything except the marzipan, gingers, and nasty fruity ones.)
2. my sister-in-law, Coby's party mix called "addiction" (recipe follows)
3. Mahi Mahi with Yvette sauce from Papadeaux in Houston
4. Chicken alfred0 (though I never get it)
5. sweet salad like raspberry walnut with bleu cheese or strawberry salad with bacon, mushrooms, the works)

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. take entire (immediate) family on sweet vacation
2. buy a bigger house in a nice neighborhood
3. travel with hubby
4. hire a chef
5. take trips to Houston to see family every other month

5 weird habits that I have: (I changed the question a little)
1. I make faces at myself in the mirror
2. I shake the milk in the carton before using it. Have no idea where I got this from.
3. I eat really REALLLLY well all day and then reward myself at the end of the day by scarfing tons of treats then complain I can't lose weight.
4. I purposely set my alarm 21 minutes early so I can push snooze exactly 3 times before I really have to get up.
5. I LOVE to sweat and work really hard at the gym then come home and remain in my own filth for a couple of hours and work some more.

4 places I have lived: 1. Westlake, Ohio 2. Rexburg, Idaho 3. Sugar Land, Tx 4. Perris, Ca

I choose not to tag anyone else. If you would like to be tagged, then consider this me tagging you and go ahead and have a ball.
Here's that promised recipe:

"Addiction"
Combine in large bowl:
1/2 box corn chex or crispix
1/2 golden grahams
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/2 bag coconut (unsweetened, untoasted is better)

Sauce:
1/2 C. karo syrup
1 C. sugar
1/2- 3/4 c. butter
Bring to boil and boil well for a minute. Pour over the cereal mixture and stir well. Spread on cookie sheet sprayed with a bit of Pam. Let cool and then scarf until sick.
(This can be frozen, too!!)

5 comments:

Married Mannings said...

So I've been looking for a good chex mix recipe and after you posted your "addiction" recipe... I made it and I love it! I actually ate for lunch earlier and am eating some now at work. Thanks for sharing!!

Rodeback Family said...

You forgot to mention in your "weird habits" section that you like to blowdry your hair in your underwear! That was one thing I couldn't get used to in college:)

sheriee staub said...

You forgot to mention in your "weird habits" biting the inside of you lips, and pulling at crucial hairs from the eyebrows. I can think of a couple of others, but don't want to totally embarass you.

Good blog - Love MOM

Kel said...

Just reading your 5 favorite foods is making my mouth water. It all sounds so good! I'm going to have to try that chex mix recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Married Mannings said...

I actually do remember that nose thing because I do it all the time to my brother's friends. Its a good one. You were a fun roommate and I remember whenever I use to say "Hayley stop!" You would say, "It's Staub." I guess you can't do that anymore huh.