This week has officially been declared "keeping it real week" by my friend Sheena (link). So check back this week to find out the not-so-lovely details of life at the Burk house and post your own!
Let's be realistic, here. No one's life is as perfect as it seems to the rest of us. Now I want to see how un-perfect things are with you to make me feel better and we can all have a good laugh at each other's expense.
Isn't this a great game?!?!
So if you are reading this, I TAG you (except for you, Sheena. Because I'm simply stealing your idea (not-so-secret, secret shame)) and you I know you know who you are. (uhhhh....)
DO IT.
Here are some real things going on around here...
If you are thinking that that "y" just doesn't look quite right it's because it busted when I put this decoration away to make room for Christmas decorations last year. And NO, I didn't try and repair it. I couldn't even FIND the other piece. (but I probably would have at least tried to glue or tape it if I would have) And YES, I still put it back up, even though it looks entirely goofy. Why? I'm cheap. Which is also the reason behind this photo...
Yup, that's a candlestick with no candle and it's been this way since Christmas, when I put it away to make room for Christmas decor...wait, this sounds familiar...but this time it melted in my shed...Also on exhibit, a clock bought on clearance (check out the time- and that's not the afternoon. Someone had too long of a Sunday nap today), picture frame and flower arrangement from Ross, and table runner from mother- all sitting on entertainment center handed down from in-law's and filled with TV ("borrowed" for the past 3 years) from brother-in-law (thank you, Holden!). Which all confirms that I am cheap.
In my pantry you can try as you might but will never find what you are looking for because I have very cleverly disguised things by putting them in containers which they do not belong to. Shown here is flax seed (on left) and spicy trail mix (Spencer's creation) in ex-parmesan cheese containers. Looking for the rice? Check the old protein powder container. Sesame seeds? The cinnamon container. Genious.
Check out that darling baby with that exquisite rose-leaf complexion. Too bad that's not my baby. It's the one that came in the frame (plus I would NEVER let my kids sleep on their tummy, right?) and those 12 spaces surrounding her (note that there are no longer any male babies in this world. babies in general are refered to as "her") are for pictures of HER during HER first year. But I do love that picture of me in the frame next to it.And finally, bath toys. Every night Carter has to play with all of them and most every night I really don't feel like picking them up and squeezing the water out of every one of them. So I let them sit in the tub as shown until Spencer showers the next morning and picks them up. Yeah, they have mildew all up in them. I should probably buy some new ones but I'm too cheap (all bath toys here were provided by Grandma Sheriee except for the ducky, which was an offereing from "The Sleep Fairy" for sleeping through the night during our "skellikin" episode)
5 comments:
I love it!! I'll think about doing it:) I do love the honesty of it all- great job!:)
I love it!! I am for sure going to "keep it real" as well!! So watch out :-)
Spencer is a genious. I love the reused plastic goods idea.
you are totally cracking me up with the picture frames!!!
I NEVEr pick up the bath toys....I leave them overnight and Robby has to pick them up in the morning so he can shower.....I'm sneaky like that:)
You have ALWAYS left things in the bathtub. I remember Justin around 13 yrs. of age, shouting at me from the shower that he was sick and tired of taking a shower with a bunch of naked Barbies. I am surprised at the bare picture frames, however, as you can't be around you, Spence, or his family for that matter, without having your picture snapped a lot. I love early marriage decorating. When I come in Sept., we will do something about the broken thingy, and I will buy you a candle:) You have always been a sensible girl, and have always been pretty good at "keepin it real". You must be a chip off of the "old block", meaning your dad of course - cheap.
Love, MOM
Post a Comment