Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Had to Happen

It was perfect. The baby was asleep. Carter was playing in his room. I was about to enjoy "me" time and catch up on some blogging. Then...
I finished my delicious lunch of pesto chicken pasta with squash and a healthy serving of butternut squash soup and thought to myself, "What could top off this meal better than some steamed squash? Mmm. I think I'll have that." I proceeded to the kitchen, washed, cut, steamed my squash and was garnishing it with some spray butter and parmesan cheese (is your mouth watering yet???) when I noticed the condiment tray in the door of the fridge was not quite snapped in all the way. I set the parmesan cheese on the main floor of the fridge and tried to adjust it (using one hand, if I may add, because what was in the other hand? The squash.) and the drawer came completely off in my hand.
Oh, crap.
Hurry, think fast! Try to swing it around and set it down on the counter!
Well I made it half way to the counter before the ENTIRE tray slipped out of my hand and went flying (in slow motion).
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It crashed down on the tile, sending a happy little rain shower of glass shards, stir-fry sauce and pepperoncinis ALL OVER MY KITCHEN. Lovely.
There goes "me" time.
What ruined your "me" time lately??? (other than the obvious every day answer of "my children")

2 comments:

Brandi said...

The other day I sent Treyden scouts with Mitch, put Kenlee in the bath and was going to sit down and scrapbook and this very very persistant girl came over selling books. I tried every excuse in the book to get rid of her but to no avail. By the time she left Mitch was home, Kenlee was screaming to get out of the bath and I got nothing done. I was so TOed!!!

sheriee staub said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH - A HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!
Love, MOM