Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some Random Catching Up...

Last week Spencer was on a backpacking trip in Colorado with his dad and some friends which would have meant that I would have been all alone with my kids for 8 DAYS except I got smart and called my Mom a couple months ago and lured her into coming (MUAHAHAHA! You fell into my little trap, Mama) and having girl time, which turned into "redecorate my house" time and "spend lots of money" time (so serious girl time). It was awesome and SUCH a relief to have her here (I honestly don't know how people single-parent. I would be the whiniest single parent ever) but I am glad to have my hubby back. He just can't quite be replaced and I like it that way.
In other news, the orthodontist's office called as a follow-up to my appointment and asked what I wanted to do. I asked how much the retainers would be. She said the Dr. would only charge me for one (benefits of being friends with the Dr.) but it would still be $210.
I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
So bottom line, I'm not doing anything right now. Thanks everyone for your comments. But I seriously had a SERIES of nightmares concerning me and braces and spacers, bands, wires, bracets, and cancer sores. It was aweful and I didn't want to make those nightmares a reality.
Thirdly, Dallin H. Oaks was here this weekend to reorganize our stake (I'm sorry if you have no idea what this means. He is one of the 12 apostles of our church) and it was SO SO awesome to have him here. He gave some awesome talks and Spencer, Carter and I all got to shake his hand. I got to sing in the choir and it was just so great. So this weekend was just really special.
So for a story about an annoying person I encountered yesterday...I was in Walmart and had to get the oil changed so I pulled into the TLE and dropped off the van, did my shopping, paid for groceries and headed back to the TLE to stand in a short line to pay for my car. Anyway when I first entered the store upon dropping off my car I didn't want to haul my kids alllllllllll the way to the front of the store to get a cart and there was a very convenient cart parked by the tires. SO I threw the baby in it and off we went, everything okay. Back to the line...there wasn't a lot of room in the line so I had the cart kindof off to the side (maybe 5 feet away) and did not have Nolan buckled in because the buckle was busted (convenient cart, remember??) and this guy in line starts "talking" to Nolan (in a totally obvious way wanting to start a conversation with me) going, "Hey, you sure are cute! Where is your seatbelt? You could just fall right out of there and that would be it! You should be buckled in, etc..." (first of all, can I just say I hate when people do this? its a lame excuse for trying to tell you what they don't have the guts to just come out and say directly to you) So anyway, I'm all, "Yeah, this one is broken and I didn't have time to get another one (thinking: yeah, yeah, the kid is fine, leave me alone)"
"Well I bring my 13 month old Granddaughter all the time and i always buckle her up. It only takes one time of them falling out and that's it" (what exactly does "that's it" mean??)
"I got the cart over there and it was broken and since I am in front of him the whole time I'm shopping I didn't think it was a big deal"
"Sometimes ladies have their bags wide open and they are reaching for something and I tell them that I could have taken whatever was in their bag when their back was turned."
(me thinking "I'm sure you do")
But DUDE, this guy would NOT let it GO.
I paid for my oil change (finally) and walked out to the car, started unloading and I KID YOU NOT, HE WAS PARKED RIGHT BY ME AND CONTINUED TO BADGER ME ABOUT THIS.
"He is just too precious and all it takes is one time"
Now I'm not a rude person but I finally had to go, " SIR, I UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU." (Yeah, and you thought I couldn't get FIESTY, huh?? : )
WHAT IS WITH THESE PEOPLE??? WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON WHO HARPED ON YOU???

6 comments:

Michelle said...

How man how annoying!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you said something! People like that are looking for more of a pat on the back than to help out. Creepy!

Amber Staub said...

I have a hard time with comments like that from people. I know they think they are trying to help, but it's still annoying. I can't believe he kept going on and on.
I am very anxious to see pictures of the decorating. Your mom said you found a fun piece of furniture at a yard sale. Please post pics soon.

Rodeback Family said...

Hayley your so funny...it's better than having a boss or a co-worker or even a client harp on you. You know my personality, I'm reserved and I care too much about the response of others to be aggressive. One of my potential clients had the nerve to ask me if there was someone who was going to speak "good spanish" Yeah, so I'm American, thus my Gringa accent, but i'm doing you and your people a freakin favor!

sheriee staub said...

Like you and I discovered, there are some annoying people in your town:) Having MOM come and spending money go hand in hand - but remember - most of the money spent was MOM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great trip - wouldn't have missed it. Came home to a hurricane and wanted to be back in Cali.
By the way, your teeth aren't that bad so tell Spencer you need to go for the retainer. I think it would do the trick.
Love - MOM

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Yea for girl time! Lets see pics of what you got!
Thats to bad about the retainer thing, it could have been worse. I had a retainer, and I was impressed how much it actually moved my teeth. I know thats what they are supposed to do, but it freaked me out!
I hate when people think they are better than you, and then have to point it out to you. When Ethan was just a few weeks old I took him to watch a soccer game that Shawn was coaching for, and he was crying so I was letting him suck on my finger (he loved it?) and this snotty lady gave me the hardest time about. In all honesty maybe my finger wasnt just washed but PLEASE mind your own dang business! I was mortified and obviously scarred!