Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm sorry if you liked it...

(Warning- book spoilers within)
But, seriously, what is the dizzle? Why can't I bring myself to finish the end of this book?

It has been sitting by my bed for more than a week now and I lazily read like 2 pages before bed occasionally and then fall asleep. Twilight had me up reading til way past my bedtime. And it's just gotten too wierd. At least Twilight had a sense of normalcy. In my book, many things have gone horribly wrong.
Here is just a short list of the things that bug me about this book...
1) Bella got pregnant with a strange spawn of some sort and Stephanie Meyer was trying to reach out to our motherly senses and make us have like a certain love for this thing. Eew. Was anyone else grossed and wierded out by that whole thing? And then, of course, it was like beautiful and awesome.
2) The name Reneesme. I cringe every time I read it.
3) Jacob "imprinting" on her.
4) Bella miraculously skips the entire infant stage. Bal-o-ny.
5) It's horribly slow.
6) Jacob sticks around for all of this. Dude, she doesn't love you. Get over it and find a new friend.
7) Bella's dad is okay with not knowing the truth behind everything.
8) I can't get a handle on what "Nessie" is supposed to be like. She's 4 months old but like 3 physically and 35 mentally?
Anyway, I really am sorry if you liked it. I will finish it just because I'm already on page 635 and so I might as well but I have to say that it's been a struggle.
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Gripe at me and tell me what YOU didn't like.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Read 3 pages of Twilight and returned it to the library. Haven't read anymore of the series than that. I just can't get into fiction. The whole time I'm reading it, I can only think, "This isn't real, this would never happen..." So, in the end I spoil it for myself. Good luck finishing it. Let us know your final review!

Anita said...

Twilight is the best one. I also didn't care for the baby name and some of the events were "outlandish". Even though I am a twilight fan- I felt that book four could have gone in different directions.

cecily said...

I should have warned you... this was by far my least favorite of the series for many of the same reason as you. The books were all FICTION, but this one was just WAY over the top.

Have you seen the twilight movie? Didn't love it, but heard it was better the second time around?

Unknown said...

It was soo hard for me to read Breaking Dawn. It was just soo slow and what was up with the ending?? I have now read it a couple more times and I have to say that I have done a 180 from the first time. There are several parts that I have truly come to love. Bella as a vamp is too cool. Have you read Stephenie's web site were she talks about writing the book? It's interesting. Also have you read the couple chapters she has posted of Midnight Sun? Good stuff.

Peggy said...

It took me 2 months to finish Breaking Dawn. It could have been condensed to 100 pages, in my opinion. I agree, waaaaay too long and slow. You hit the nail on the head with all your gripes. I only finished it because I had read the others and didn't want my daughters-in-law to think of me as a quitter. Blah!

Rochelle Barlow said...

I personally enjoyed it, because it has all the things I wish was real. No real conflict, love, she finally became a freaking vampire, they got married, and I loved the whole breaking of the headboard thing. ha ha. however. what i didn't love: the lame name, the fact that jacob had a whole gajillion chapters - hello! I was never that big into him, it's all about Edward in my mind! There wasn't enough Edward in the book. The first 2/3 of the book he's sitting by his wife as she's dying and fawning over jacob. Even though I usually hate fight and the fact that someone I like dies at the end of the book, it needed to happen. There needed to be a fight, there needed to be deaths. just so long as i wasn't edward, bella, or nessie.

O.T.- can you email me about canning questions I have!? rrruby54 at hotmail dot com