Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Catch-up

Christmas was magical as always. We spent our holiday in Utah, bundled up indoors for days before daring to brave the cold. It was perfect Christmas weather since we didn't want to leave the house anyway.
We decorated a gingerbread house with these goodies (and I can't for the life of me find any of the pictures I took of the end product)



And on Christmas Eve we acted out the Nativity. Here's a picture of the lead roles. The rest of us were the livestock, angel, innkeeper...you know the story. Oh, and the babies took turns being Jesus. Once Nolan got cranky Annabell took over and did a marvelous job (pigtails and all).

We decorated cookies for Santa and read stories and sang by the tree.
And that night Mr. S came and filled our stockings, piled gifts under the tree.

He also snuck into my room and gave me some terrific thunder-thighs, a butonk-butonk butt, and a spare tire (that sneaky Santa) . (won't put a picture of that)

We played in the snow and went sledding...(yes, this is Nolan in girl winter clothes)
And he got his batman jammies...

And the "thing with the scary gorilla, the hippopomus and the cacheeta."
It was an awesome Christmas and Spencer also gave me the best gift and took me to "The Garden" restraunt downtown, an "Off Broadway" play, and the Little America hotel for an over-nighter (away from the children) for our 6th anniversary (we're getting old, aren't we??) It was awesome.

For those of you who didn't get a Christmas card, I'm so sorry and here's the dealio....I sent out the first batch and thought I would remember who I sent them to so that when I got more stamps but didn't and couldn't remember. SO, here is the picture you "missed out" on, taken by my sweet photographer friend Sheena Jibson (http://www.sheenajibsonphotography.com/ Call her- you won't be dissappointed!!)

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Your pictures are so great. you are doing a great job. Weird, I don't know sheena but I have heard of her because my cousin married her brother and I have heard (and looked at her blog) how great of a photographer she is. I love your family picture.

Amber Staub said...

What a great Christmas! Your muffin tin of gingerbread goodies looks tasty. I love the picture of Joseph and Mary, and Nolan looks like Carter in that snowsuit. How fun for you and Spencer to get away. We missed you guys!

Rachael and Brad Huntsman said...

First, I'm sad you came to Utah and I didn't know, it would have been good to see you guys.

Second, I can't believe you have been married for 6 years! That seems like just yesterday we were roomies.

Third, way cute family picture

sheriee staub said...

It was a wonderful Christmas. When I think of being in my jammies all day Christmas, it makes me cozy. And, thanks for not putting a picture of me in my jammies on the blog. It was great to be with the two families and grandchildren we don't get to see nearly as often. Great memories for G'ma and Papa.
Love, G'ma

austin and cherisse said...

very cute!

The Fallan Family said...

You Have The Cutest Family Ever!