You have NO IDEA the range of emotions I have been through this weekend.
It all started Friday morning- I went to the gym with the kids and took all my stuff to shower afterward then hit up Walmart on the way home, put Nolan down for a nap and have one myself. I needed it. I promised myself one immediately after waking up.
I never take my purse into the gym. I have a convenient little hiding place between the front two seats under the console that hides it pretty good. I shoved it under there and headed in.
An hour and a half later I walked back to the car. Carter beat me there and asked what happened to the window. My first thought when i saw the shattered glass was "That sucks for that person" but it didn't register that it was MY car until I used the remote to unlock the doors and saw the lights blink. CRAP. There was glass ALL OVER the passenger side and sidewalk.
My heart stopped and I checked under the console and yeah, it was gone.
I RAN back inside, which I'm not really sure why- I was panicked.
I got inside and told the lady at the front desk what had happened (and yes, I started crying. Don't ask why I'm just a cry baby.) and called the cops and Spencer. They both came and we talked to the cop who told us this has been a trend lately and went to check a couple of trash cans with no luck. Thus I started life with NO PURSE. No credit cards, cash, coupons, license, PHONE, NOTHING! How naked did I feel? Eew. It sucked. I sulked for hours. Then I got to attend Time Out for Women that night with friends which cheered me up considerably. But I think I reached for my phone...hmmm....428 times before it sunk in. ARG. (*btw, I remembered before leaving that I had a spare key to my car and my HOUSE in my wallet. And thief knew my address. YIKES! What a creepy feeling! When I got home last night my awesomely rad hubby was changing the locks on our house and put in some 10,000 watt lightbulbs in our outside lights. Seriously, we like light up the whole street)
I continued life with no purse today and attended a beautiful funeral this morning for a beloved friend who passed away last Saturday from cancer and boy did that put things in perspective. Suddenly my very replaceable purse and belongings weren't so important anymore. (but I still bellyached about it all day because of the annoyance and because I'm a bellyacher)
I got to go to lunch with my friends.
Without kids.
For the first time in my life.
How fabulous and fantastic is that? We had a ball. Such amazing women. I was so happy to be with them and felt so blessed.
Then we got to attend more of TOFW and hear some great talks and be uplifted.
Then I got to go to DINNER with my friends. This is just gettin too good.
AND THEN I GOT ICE CREAM WITH MY FRIENDS.
Bliss.
And I think by then I made my peace with Mr.Breakintomycarandstealmystuffandmakemecry. And I got home to my sweet, darling boys in their soft new doggy jammies and my wickedly awesome hubby who is my superhero in my times of silliness.
And Carter took my hand and told me to close my eyes and come inside- he had a surprise. I thought it was a cookie or something.
Then Spencer called my phone and I heard the ring and Carter brought my purse back to me and yelled "SUPRISE!"
I was shocked. I was ecstatic. Elated. Whatever. You get my drift. This whole weekend which started out so rotten had turned a complete 180. I had an awesome time getting away and LOVED coming home to my family, refreshed and uplifted and getting my stuff back was the icing on the emotional cake.
THE END.
Just kidding i know you are dying to know how Super Spence got the purse back...
Apparently the person who stole my purse took the cash and store credit cards and chucked the bag. A man who was dumpster-diving near the gym found it and called the first name on my phone list- a lady I know. She called her brother who had Spencer's cellphone number and called Spencer who called my phone and connected with this man and went to pick it up.
SO BOOYA Mr.Jerkwhoisalow-life. I hope it was worth $7. If you only read my blog you'd know I'm a cheapskate and you would have saved yourself the trouble.
Unless that dumpster-diver was really you..............and we paid you an extra 20 bucks for returning the purse that you stole....................crap I just thought of that. And that really puts a damper on my feelings of elation..........
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
5 comments:
i like reading your blog, even if it is late, or whenever i get to read it. glad that it all worked out, kind of. our camera got stolen and we got it back, granted it was $300 paid to sleazytrashyneverwanttogoback pawn shop guy that we had to pay but we got it back. life is good, we just have to be on the same frequency as the lord and sometimes we are listening to ranchero music from TJ. have a good one. take care.
austin
Man what a pain in the behind. Glad you had such an awesome weekend in spite of it all. :)
I can't believe someone broke into your car and stole your purse. I stash my wallet in that same convenient hiding place in my car. I guess I should take this a a good lesson and not do that anymore. I'm glad you got your purse and phone back. Good think you had some good things mixed in with your emotional weekend:)
Wow! Sure glad I fastened my seatbelt cuz that was a crazy story! Glad it had a blissfulandwonderfulandhappy ending!
Hey - Aunt RuthAnn had her purse stolen this weekend too - what are the odds. She hasn't gotten hers back however. Little girl - what a story. So happy it all worked out as well as it did.
Love Ya - MOM
Post a Comment