Friday, October 30, 2009

Speaking of...

Does this post feel naked? I feel naked writing this post. There's just this big ol' box ready for me to fill it up with words. No pictures. (gasp!) Reason being I'm away from home. Or actually I am home. Well I guess they are both home. When I'm home I call the other home, home. Wierd, huh? (I think I'm getting stage fright, here. Can you tell I'm rambling)
Speaking of fright...My little Nolan was a total disaster today/tonight. We got to trunk-or-treat in good spirits and within 5 minutes he was in tears for the next 45. The kid was absolutely terrified. And it wasn't funny like the duck fright. That was funny. This was serious. He finally learned that he could get candy by saying "treat" and holding his pumpkin bucket. It was so precious.
Speaking of precious, remember how I said he was a disaster today? I laid down for a power nap during his nap and he woke up after about an hour. Yikes. My mom got him up but he bawled for me and she finally brought him in. I opened my covers and let him in, thinking he wouldn't stay there very long and before I knew it he was twitching and falling asleep.
And I could have snuck away but decided to lay there with his sandy blonde hair tickling my nose and face.
And I got to kiss all over him and he didn't flinch.
It was heaven.
When I woke up we were both sweating like crazy and I was drooling in his hair.
But we had napped together- a feat NEVER completed with either of my kids.
And I think I need to forget my wierd sleep habits and do that more often.
Speaking of wierd sleep habits did you know I'm a completely high-maintenance super-light sleeper? It's a HORRID CURSE. I had to go buy my own pillow today at Target because the one of the guest bed was too firm. I'm so ridiculous. And if I don't have a whirly fan to make some noise and it's too hot or too cold or the bed's too soft or the pillow's too flat or if I don't have a pillow to hug or if my knees touch or if the air ir stale....you can forget it. I'll be awake for hours. I'm telling you. It's horrible and sometimes I get so tired I cry but I can't fall asleep. So it was a frigin' x-mas miracle that I took a nap today with Nolan's hair up my nostril.
Oh, speaking of falling asleep, I'm about to at this computer. But I'm trying to think of a way to tie in my next "speaking of" to tell you about the new piece of the case of the stolen purse...
Speaking of....nevermind. Here's the scoop.
I was at home when I went to find my phone that one of my kids had moved when I saw that there was a picture on there that i never took. I was like, 'OOOOOohhhhh, i never checked the pictures after getting my phone back. Hmmm..." and i flipped to them and there were probably 20 pictures on there, the first being a picture of the ground with my coupons from my purse laying on the ground. This was at 11:29 Friday, the day the purse was stolen. The next is around 4pm of a butch looking woman with a man hair cut laying down. Then there are some of a kid on the toilet (lovely). The next pictures are the next day of a water bottle on the ground at 11:48am. Then there's one of a bike at 12:21pm. So in my mind I thought for sure that Meanrobberdude had taken the purse home then called the next day claiming he had found it in a dumpster, thus claiming a reward as well. But there's also a possibility that Meanrobberdude stole the purse, took it home and took some pics, ditched the purse, and then the dumpster-diver guy really did find it and return it.
SOOO, what do you think? You think Meanrobberdude would have the nerve to call and return my own purse and see us face to face? Or could there be more to this story???
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH....

2 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

love this post, bare naked and all! you are so funny, love the staub genes.

sheriee staub said...

Little girl - how you do go on!
Love, MOM