Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're back!!!

We were excited about this trip.
_MG_6668

I couldn't WAIT to get up in the Fall weather with the changing trees and my camera.
_MG_6701

_MG_6753

We went up to Brighton and walked around Silver Lake
_MG_6685

_MG_6728

Then headed to Malad, Idaho.
_MG_6952

_MG_6956

And ate Subway at the farm.
_MG_6997

And got to take pictures of this fence which is awesome and lined with boots for a mile or so.
_MG_6940-Edit



_MG_6936-Edit

And the kids got a break from the car.
_MG_7067-Edit

We stopped to see the beautiful new temple in Rexburg.

_MG_7144

and finally made our way to our home sweet home for the next few days, the "Owl's Nest" way up in Island Park, Idaho.
_MG_7189
(complete with a sweet hot tub)

The weather was awesome when we got there and we explored the cabin and made a fire and had s'mores.
_MG_7223

_MG_7222
(long toes provided by yours truly)

_MG_7279

We soaked in the hot tub, went to bed and woke up to this...

_MG_7326

_MG_7325

_MG_7329

It was beautiful and felt like Christmas morning as the kids woke up (or maybe I woke mine up) and we got to watch their faces light up as they saw the surprise outside.

_MG_7347

_MG_7351

We lazied around in our jammies for a while

_MG_7317

_MG_7311

_MG_7320

_MG_7323

Needless to say, we spent most of that day inside.

The next morning my brother, Dad and I got up early for a hike at Harriman State Park.
We watched the sunrise
_MG_7368

And enjoyed the peace and total silence

_MG_7370

_MG_7403

_MG_7375

_MG_7414

And my hat looked way different than this in my head.
_MG_7383

Then went to Yellowstone that afternoon and got to see a saweet elk buck with his harem and got to hear him bugle. (It was AMAZING) (and by the way I think I accidentally deleted all those pictures...bummer)

And we made our way down to Old Faithful via some geysers. It was FA-REEZING and the wind was blowing and my chin froze and I had to talk without moving my face- just my lips. (and my mom might kill me for posting this picture of her. But seriously, what kind of face am I pulling?)
_MG_7466
Carter was so cold and thought that the steam from the geysers was hurting his eyes so he kept pulling his hat over them and then he'd stumble all over the place.

And we made our way down to Old Faithful and not only was she late but very anti-climatic and about a 30 second show....LAME. And we were completely frozen.
_MG_7483

_MG_7487

After we thawed out we returned to the cabin and soaked in the hot tub to get the chill out from our bones. We packed up and headed out the next morning and took a scenic detour to Mesa Falls and yes, it was freezing.

_MG_7549

_MG_7539

_MG_7522

We had Reed's Dairy, which is the BEST ice cream on the planet. If you think that you've already had the best ice cream on the planet, you haven't had Reed's. It's amay-za-za-zing.

We saw lots of friends and ate lots of food and saw lots of breathtaking scenery. It was an awesome trip. If you've never been to Idaho- GO! You won't regret it. And when you are there go to Reed's dairy. It's worth the trip.

9 comments:

Kel said...

Yay! I love the pictures! I was hoping you would put them on soon, especially after hearing about them. They are all so good, but I think my favorite is of the sunrise over the barn across the field. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Brandi said...

Umm.. hello, you saw lots of friends but I wasn't one of them. I was in IP this weekend to. To bad you missed out on seeing me. It would have made your trip that much better. JK I am glad you had a good trip!

Amy Eaton said...

Great to see you guys..Love the pics...Idaho really is beautiful country!!!

Amber Staub said...

I wish we could have been there. Your picture are gorgeous! We need to do that trip again with the whole Staub family. It looks like it was so much fun.
p.sp you look really cute in the picture of your little family by the falls.

Kate said...

jealous, wish we came too. we miss it so much

Unknown said...

MURDER - was what I thought when I saw a couple of the pics you posted of me. From now on, they must all be run by me first. But, the rest of the pics are beautiful, and it was way fun! Reed's Dairy was amazing. Can't wait for your trip to Texas in a couple of weeks.
Love, MOM

Bertie said...

What a fun trip!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!:)

Brad and Rachael Huntsman said...

Amazing pictures as always! Looks like you had a fun trip. Did you go to campus and see how much BYUI has changed. It's a whole new place up there. And Reed's Dairy is the most amazing ice cream place. I live in Idaho Falls and it's hard not to go there all the time. Glad you had such a good time.

Lisa said...

I think you have such an amazing talent for catching GORGEOUS pictures on film Hay! If you were to come out with a book or printed portfolio, you had better believe it would find its way on to my coffee table! I adore your witty posts and great pictures! I love seeing that you are happy and doing well! Say hello to your parents for me!