Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hypothesis, Observation, Report

Okay, so I read this article back in SEPTEMBER and still cannot get over it. Even if you don't read the entire thing, just read the title and subtitle- you'll get the picture. Click this for the link.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?
Is this supposed to be some ground-breaking research?? That a normal bra won't cut it when a woman is exercising?? Wow, I could have saved someone a lot of time and money on that one.
But my three favorite things about this article which I simply must point out are:
1. The words "unleash", "fly" and "up and down" in the title. I think the author should have added "avalanche", "flip-flop" and "BOING" to it. That would have helped the visual a little more.
2. That there was already a previously conducted study which showed the breasts "flew up and down" 6 inches, but that just wasn't good enough. Some 40 yr. old, pimpled, high-school-dorks on the "research team" were going, "Guys, I don't think 6 inches is accurate. We had better conduct this research again."
and..
3. That while observing the movement of the breasts while jogging, it was concluded that "The overall pattern of the movement resembled a figure-8."
I'm not even gonna go there.
So the next time you put on your sports bra to go running, you should thank your lucky stars for these nerds sitting around with treadmills, a ruler, a goofy grin, and an uncomfortable giggle. They are working so genuinely hard so that we women can be a little more comfortable. Bless their little hearts.

2 comments:

Gina said...

okay, I am dying laughing. Thank you for the commentary on such an important subject. I mean the one girl stopped playing basketball because of an inadequate "support" system. This is serious stuff.

The Staub Squad said...

It is for this reason that I wear two sports bras when I run!