Not the kind you are thinking. A Disneyland hangover. Anyone who has been to Disneyland all day with kids knows what I'm talking about. It's the horrible no-energy, no-patience, please-don't-make-me-walk-another-step feeling which starts on the drive home from a long day at Disneyland and doesn't stop until you go to bed the following night. I actually thought I might escape the hangover this time because mine didn't set in until I woke up this morning. But no, even though I've taken an afternoon nap, do you think I feel any better? I feel like I ran a marathon I never trained for. And it never seems to effect my toddler, who has as much energy today as any other.
So what are the spoils? Why do I keep going back? Because I can't get that look on Carter's face almost anywhere else. This look of total amazement:
Plus, where else would I get to take such fun pictures?
It is Carter's favorite place in the world and that makes it worth the trip there, expense of parking and eating, pain of changing diapers and feeding a baby on the run, sore feet from walking all day, and hangover the following day. Wow, the things our kids will most likely never appreciate that we do for them.
SO, will someone please tell me their cure for Disneyland hangover? Is there some well-kept secret I'm not aware of? Everyone else doesn't seem to be as affected by it. Some people actually go to Disneyland for more than one day in a row! They've got to be taking something. Tell me what it is!!
For now I think I'll prescribe myself a couple Advil, a Dr.Pepper, a hot bath, and an early bedtime.
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
4 comments:
happiest place on earth if you are hauled around, placed on rides, don't have to wait in long lines. i take makenzie and ethan some nights and depending on how they are depends on the night. when their faces light up then it makes it all worth it, sometimes.
Forget the kids, I want to go!! Just kidding, I think Logan would be in heaven there. That picture of the boys in the stroller is so cute. I especially love that all you can see of Nolan is his round binki and two little eyes. By the way, where is the picture of Carter's haircut, I can't wait to see it!!
I have no clue what to tell you- but I can tell you your boys are soooo super cute!!!!
G'ma and Papa are so excited to be coming to visit later this month! We are looking forward to our Disneyland hangover, and seeing Carter's face light up too. Cute pics.
See Ya Soon
Post a Comment