Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Thinning Out

In more ways than one.

They would both be good things if one weren't referring to my hair.
As if my hair isn't already thin enough, it's getting thinner every shower, brush, and blow-dry. I clean my brush out all the time and empty a gob of hair into the toilet (is it supposed to go in there? I know you're not supposed to flush gum...) It's so sad and my hair line is looking like that of a 40 yr. old balding man.
But don't worry, I'm not nutrient deficient or anything. It happened after I had Carter, too, but I was too busy to notice until it had grown out about an inch and stuck straight out from the sides of my head when I put my hair in a ponytail.
Then it kept breaking (straightening and flattening, straightening, and then flattening again) and it had JUST grown out when I had Nolan. Now it's starting all over again.

And you guessed the other way I'm thinning out...Remember that weight loss goal I had back in December? Yeah, didn't happen. But it has now and I'm almost back down to weight (I would say "size" but that doesn't really fit seeing as I'm a completely different shape) I am reading The Best Life Diet and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not a "diet" but a "way of life" (all these books claim that) but out of the ones I've read, this has been my fav because it's very sound, all about portions and just eating healthy. And its doable. Not like no carbs, no sugars, no chocolate chip paradise pie from Chilis (well, that may be off limits). Anyway, if you're looking to be healthier and live the "Best Life" you can, here's a book for you.
In other news, Nolan is busting out his first tooth. That's right. And at only 4 months (in 2 days). I always knew he'd be really talented. Just the other day he coughed AND farted at the same time. Talent. Carter will not to be shown up by his younger brother, though, and has managed to pee his pants three times today. Incredible.

Other things thinning around our house:

All of Carter's new undies from washing them so many times.

The bathroom rug (same reason as above)

Mommy's patience for a teething baby and potty training toddler

Maybe my hair would stop thinning if I'd stop pulling it all out.

7 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

The last time I had my hair professionally done, my hair dresser, "Kenny," said, that your hair falls out because of the medication from epidurals. He didn't look that credible. I think our hormones are totally screwed up and don't really know what is going on after having children. In fact, I don't think they ever really know how to straighten themselves out. I think I had a hot flash today and I'm 26.
Good luck!

Bertie said...

LOL! This post made me laugh:) I've heard that while you are pregnant you don't lose any hair- and so your hair is thicker- but then once you have a baby- it ends up falling out at an alarming rate, because supposedly you are now losing all the hair you would have lost during pregnancy?? Who knows?!

Brandi said...

I am right there with you. My hair is falling out and breaking too and I wondered why. So I am glad I am not the only one. (yes and as of this moment Treyden is making me want to yank mine out.)

sheriee staub said...

Hayley - It is a good thing you are 24 yrs. young and have lots of energy - most days you're going to need it. Boy - does this take me back. You writing is RIGHT ON!

Love ya - MOM

Amber Staub said...

I love the visual of the ponytail with the new hair sticking out all over. All of us who have had kids know exactly what that looks like and how annoying it can be to try and work with it. Good luck with the potty training too. Not a fun thing!!

Michelle said...

Hew! Glad I'm not the only one going bald! Yeah my hair resembled that of an 80 year old woman but without the curlers. I have pictures where you can see the bald spots on the side of my head. It was scary b/c none of my friends' hair came out that much! But oh how I loved seeing those little hairs sprout back up! And good for you for getting back down to weight! That's awesome!

sheena said...

so sorry I'm laughing at you....but only because I'm right there with you!