Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Star Wars Kid



Oh, man. Remember a few years ago that poor kid who made a home video of himself light saber fighting and it was all over the internet? I'm afraid this is what my kid is heading for. Carter loves, nay, is OBSESSED with Star Wars, already...at 2 1/2.
A few months ago we got some hand-me-down Star Wars mister potato heads (Darth Tater, a Storm Trooper, and R2D2). I didn't give him these things at Christmas cuz I thought he wouldn't care about them. In fact, I considered giving them to someone else. I'm SO glad I didn't. He found them in my room and ever since they have been his FAVORITE toys, by far (other than the always exception of a sword). He has me sing the "Darth Tater song" like 23 times a day, he calls R2D2 either "RTD2" or my personal favorite "RTDooty", and he uses his hooded towel as his Darth Tater helmet and cape. He put the "cape" on tonight and I started singing the song. He goes, "NO, Mom. No sing it yet. I get my sword." SO, once he had his sword, I sang the song as he whipped his sword around, breathed really loud, and felt totally awesome.
So I'm posting a video here that I think is hilarious. It needs a bit of explaining, though. First of all, he wore "big boy underwear" for the first time today, so he's pants-less and in underwear. Second, he found some pink stripy socks in my drawer and put them on. They went up to his thighs. And thirdly, he stopped swinging his sword when I turned on the camera and was doing a real unenthusiastic job of it until he noticed his reflection in our TV about 5 seconds into the video. So all the sudden, he gets really into the whole thing and hits the coffee table a few times. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (one more thing...if you haven't visited the site despair.com, go take a look. It's dripping and oozing with delicious sarcasm.)

6 comments:

Brandi said...

OH wow, that is the cutest most hilarious thing ever. I was so hoping for our singing in the back ground though. Maybe next time!. Oh yea and the picture of the boys with the under wear on their heads that should be blown up and hung over your couch. Tell Spencer he looks hot with power ranger (or whatever they were) undies on his head.

The Staub Squad said...

That is so funny! I laughed my head off. I especially loved when he hit the coffe table because he was so into it. What a cutie!!

Bertie said...

How funny was that video!! Too cute:)

T said...

Haley-I am Amber's sister Tiffany. I hope you don't mind me snooping on your site. It's just so cute! Loved the star wars video. At our house, it is a Nacho Libre obsession. Try singing those theme songs! They are all in spanish!

sheriee staub said...

Grandma and Papa love the video of you Carter, swinging that sword and wearing those big boy underwear, where they should go, and not on your head. Love the sweet outfit:)

Love you Carter - g'ma and Papa

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. As a mother of two boys myself I know how proud you must be. I mean mastering the art of swords...and at such a young age. Oh I see great things happening in his future. By the way love the undies Carter, nice touch. Whats the darth tater song, have I been missing out? Miss you guys!