We really get around, don't we?
I love going on spur-of-the-moment trips.
There's a rush in the rush of flying about the house packing up every little thing you would ever need at your destination or on the way to it.
So my most recent was going up to Utah last Wednesday with my mother-in-law and my new sister-in-law. We drove ALL DAY and by the end of the trip Nolan was about to implode. Poor kid. Then from the lack of physical movement the entire day he decided to stay up most of the night and slept a good bit the next day. It was a viscious cycle to break. Which brings me to this point...Babies are the worst travelers ever. At least mine have been. Then after the traveling you are in a totally different place and they are just unhappy about that.
Anyway, I had a chance to take some pictures of this cute family.
And we got to visit Wheeler Farm and enjoy the gorgeous scenery, fall weather....and throw leaves at the ducks.

and take tons of pictures of surprisingly cooperative kids...

and crash another wedding reception to take advantage of all the delicious goodies.
We got back Tuesday and I was ready to get back to the gym. I woke up the next morning to get back to my normal routine to arrive at my gym, a completely empty lot and a sign on the door informing me that they are sorry for the inconvenience but they have closed permanently. ARG. But that doesn't really matter now because last night I kicked the door frame again (this has happened maybe 149 times in my life now...I still haven't come to terms with just how freakishly long my toes are yet) and dislocated my pinky toe on my right food. What a stinking useless toe and now it is preventing me from my much-needed runs. OH, and lastly, how about Prop 8, eh??? WAHOO!! Too bad some people are poor sports and don't care about the majority vote and choose to be hateful and rude and target people who stand up for what is right and spend lots of time protesting something that should be a closed case and vandalize sacred properties...but I'm not going to mention any names.
5 comments:
Hayley your toes are the longest toes I have ever come in contact with...you are also one of the funniest people I know (not because of the toes), and I laugh every time I read your blog. Also, you have a great camera, you take great pictures. :) Becky
Hayley, my mom once told me that long toes are a sign of royalty. I've always loved that. She also has really long toes, but so do I. Have you ever seen someone with little stubby ones. I'd take my long toes over stubs anyday! Your pictures are awesome!!
BYW, that was not yes, but me, Kate
Wes, not yes. Good grief.
I love your pictures, Hayley! What kind of camera do you have?
My toes are long too, you're not alone. And my second toe is longer than my first. Not pretty but it doesn't keep me up at night.
I'm excited about Prop 8 passing too. I didn't expect the all out "this isn't fair" cry backlash. Are members of the ward or the buildings getting targeted with anything? You guys have shown such good examples over there on how to follow the Lord through hard times and to go against popularity...although the popular vote decided the vote. How does that work!? ;)
Post a Comment