i started out the day grumbling and cranky.
i had committed the day before to sing a solo at a funeral and really REALLY did not want to do it.
i was cold and shaky and couldn't eat a thing.
i was irratable and vowed to never do it again.
i cursed every person i asked to sing with me that couldn't.
i tried to think of every possible way of getting out of it without blatantly lying.
but there was no way around it.
the funeral was nice.
half-way through it i got so involved i forgot i was singing.
then i remembered
and
i thought i was going to dry-heave.
the song went really well.
the Spirit was strong.
everyone liked it.
i could see that the family was so grateful.
it was so rewarding
and....
i may end up doing it again.
THEN
i got to come home and floated around the kitchen for a bit and made some of my favorites.
Cranberry salsa I have been craving since the last time i made it at x-mas.
Healthy banana bran muffins- this was a new recipe. no fat. no sugar. not a lot of flavor (i should have let my bananas ripen more). but i still enjoy them because they are healthy.
And i can't say i made these but MMMMMMMmmmmmmm....they taste better than they look, even. SOOOOO sweet and de-lish. (these were from tu madre, Shandee! I think i'll substitue sharing time for her more often)
i got to end the day with a long run and a delicious taco salad.
so maybe i need to sacrifice and serve a little more often.
and a little more willingly.
What blessings have you received from your sacrifice lately???
girls camp mail boxes
10 years ago
4 comments:
I'm so like that! I'm so grumbly about having to stay after church to accompany the choir- or go to meetings to plan enrichment. I think I'm so entitled because I have 2 little kids and a busy husband. But I always leave my callings feeling uplifted, and with the spirit. It's worth it. I just need to not be so murmur-y.
Yeah, my mom knows how to buy strawberries!
Hey, I talked to her last night and she said that you were AMAZING! She sound you sounded beautiful and that she had NO IDEA you were scared AT ALL! I told her I had NO IDEA you even did solos and she said "Oh yeah, she's got an amazing voice!"
So there you have it. Another talent you now HAVE to develop!
Little Girl: We all grumble, and we all wish we hadn't said yes at times, but almost every sacrifice we make is worth it in the long run. You have been blessed with so many talents - let your light so shine! Wish I could have heard you. You are an example to me, your mother. I have murmured plenty about the upcoming youth conference, yet I know it will be wonderful because after all it is in the Lord's hands. Can't wait to come kiss and hug ALL my babies (yes, even Spence) next week.
Love, MOM
I love the pictures. I am posting my favorite dramas on my blog so you know- we have all the same ones.
Post a Comment